The consequences of pulling out

Old May 5th 07, 09:58 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine
PC Guy

Default The consequences of pulling out

On Sat, 05 May 2007 21:43:54 GMT, Alan Baker
wrote:

In article ,
PC Guy wrote:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 21:27:35 GMT, Alan Baker
wrote:

In article ,
PC Guy wrote:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 21:21:57 GMT, Alan Baker
wrote:

In article ,
PC Guy wrote:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 20:35:41 GMT, Alan Baker
wrote:

In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

In article ,
MuahMan wrote:
On May 4, 4:30 pm, Lost Balls Bsker wrote:

[Idiocy deleted- context marker only]

Ooooh can I take a number. A Maccie fighting, hysterical.
Especially
Canadian, fighting maccie. Hysterical.

You think that's hysterical, you should catch him playing Unix Guru.
Unix System Analyst friend, Lisa Sauve, just returned from Belgium
and
authoritatively debunked his contentions regarding Unix operating
systems.

I've only made one contention, and it's correct:

There was never a Version 7 of SunOS.

What do you mean by version 7 of SunOS? There is a version of Solaris
7. Is it your assertion that SunOS != Solairs?

No. I assert that SunOS and Solaris version numbers for referring to the
same release aren't the same.

That the Solaris version referred to as 7 is the same as SunOS version
5.7.

More correctly speaking: Version 7 of Solaris includes SunOS version 5.7
as a part of it, which also includes OpenWindows 3.6.1 and CDE (Common
Desktop Environment) 1.3

I see. It's one of those arguments where you split hairs in order to
cover up a mistake you made.

I made no mistake.

I already understood -- from checking I'd done while having a
converstion with Edwin -- that there was never a version 7 of SunOS.

As usual the Mactards spend effort on irrelevant crap.

Who are these "Mactards" and why do you bring up what they do?

They're people such as yourself.

That subject in this thread is "irrelevant crap".

What I did to learn about SunOS and Solaris is completely relevant to
this thread.

Face it, "PC Guy", I understood that Solaris and SunOS aren't the same
thing and you didn't.

I made no claim about it one way or the other. I am, once again,
pointing out how Mactards focus on irrelevant crap. I hear people
referring to Solairs 7 as Solaris 2.7. Do I spend time nitpicking them
to death that it's not "2.7" but "7"? I also hear people using Solaris
and SunOS interchangable all the time. Again I don't nitpick this
detail. Why? Because it's likely to be completely irrelevant to
whatever discussion they're having. But without any actual arguments
Mactards focus on this trivial issues in an attempt to make themselves
look more intelligent when faced with losing an argument.

Ignorance isn't a failing, and now that I've explained it to you (repeatedly),
you're no longer ignorant...

Never was.

...at least on this topic.

You're welcome.

:-)

Old May 5th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 5, 1:20 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article ,

bdubya wrote:
On Sat, 05 May 2007 02:10:59 GMT, Lost Balls Bsker
wrote:

Because *I* lack courage, you cut RSA out of the post?

I thought it was a mercy-snip. It did seem pretty merciful.

I had no idea the guy was such an idiot. We start out discussing avalanches.
He flakes out with Bull**** that has nothing to do with mass loss. He was
Unix illiterate util Apple released OS X. He has absolutely no horse sense.
He's clueless regarding the worth of an Olympic caliber trained 6 year old
dressage horse. He's been skiing 38 years, and he's still a Level I ski
instructor on a mediocre hill. Stuff just isn't adding up the longer you read
his rants. Notice the obligatory ski content, (OSC)

You even got that wrong. The term is "obski".

Old May 5th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 5, 1:11 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article ,
Lost Balls Bsker wrote:

Because *I* lack courage, you cut RSA out of the post?

Because it has no skiing content you insufferably idiotic ****wad. Nobody
in rsa wants to read your ego posts. You admit you weaseld out of meeting
Scott, and now you admit it was because you're a chicken****. Happy
Cinco De Mayo ****wad.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Scottish infection symptoms noted.

Old May 6th 07, 02:17 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
PC Guy wrote:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 21:43:54 GMT, Alan Baker
wrote:

In article ,
PC Guy wrote:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 21:27:35 GMT, Alan Baker
wrote:

In article ,
PC Guy wrote:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 21:21:57 GMT, Alan Baker
wrote:

In article ,
PC Guy wrote:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 20:35:41 GMT, Alan Baker
wrote:

In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Sorry, but your reply to my original statement:

Alan: "There was never a Version 7 of SunOS."

was this:

PC Guy: "What do you mean by version 7 of SunOS? There is a version of
Solaris 7. Is it your assertion that SunOS != Solairs?"

That shows that you did *not* understand that Solaris 7 and SunOS 7
weren't interchangeable terms.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone and how he missed
Old May 6th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.sport.golf,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
In article . com,
Dene wrote:

On May 4, 2:30 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article .com,
Edwin wrote:
Who cares? Go meet up with the guy from alt.skiing.alpine who
wants
to kick your ass.

LOL

You should really look at who you're aligning yourself with a little
more closely, Edwin (and BTW, it's *rec*.skiing.alpine). Scott Abraham
is the only guy to ever get himself banned by court order from posting
to a newsgroup.

And I presume Alan played the role of peacemaker......

-Greg

I played the role of innocent bystander who gets punched by the out of
control drunk (Scott Abraham, that is)

Hmmmmm.
I've never met Baker. He doesn't have the balls. He's a stalking freak who
has repeatedly harassed me.
Let's count the lies.
Not innocent, to be sure. Never met me. I have not had a drink in over
eighteen years.
Either this freak is insane, or......

Old May 6th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.sport.golf,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

"Edwin" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 4, 5:04 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article . com,

Edwin wrote:
Who cares? Go meet up with the guy from alt.skiing.alpine who
wants
to kick your ass.

LOL

You should really look at who you're aligning yourself with a little
more closely, Edwin (and BTW, it's *rec*.skiing.alpine). Scott
Abraham
is the only guy to ever get himself banned by court order from
posting
to a newsgroup.

And I presume Alan played the role of peacemaker......

-Greg

I played the role of innocent bystander who gets punched by the out of
control drunk (Scott Abraham, that is)

You got hit by a wet noodle. It only felt like a punch to you.

He got hit by his own insanity, and made up another whopper.

Old May 6th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.sport.golf,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

"Alan Baker" wrote in message

Edwin wrote:
Who cares? Go meet up with the guy from alt.skiing.alpine who
wants
to kick your ass.

LOL

You should really look at who you're aligning yourself with a
little
more closely, Edwin (and BTW, it's *rec*.skiing.alpine). Scott
Abraham
is the only guy to ever get himself banned by court order from
posting
to a newsgroup.

And I presume Alan played the role of peacemaker......

-Greg

I played the role of innocent bystander who gets punched by the out of
control drunk (Scott Abraham, that is)

You got hit by a wet noodle. It only felt like a punch to you.

LOL

I see the idea of a metaphor is far too advanced for you...

I see the idea of making up a defamatory lie is well within your insane
mind.....

Old May 6th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.sport.golf,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
"Two Buddha" wrote:

"Alan Baker" wrote in message

Edwin wrote:
Who cares? Go meet up with the guy from alt.skiing.alpine who
wants
to kick your ass.

LOL

You should really look at who you're aligning yourself with a little
more closely, Edwin (and BTW, it's *rec*.skiing.alpine). Scott Abraham
is the only guy to ever get himself banned by court order from posting
to a newsgroup.

And I presume Alan played the role of peacemaker......

-Greg

I played the role of innocent bystander who gets punched by the out of
control drunk (Scott Abraham, that is)

Hmmmmm.
I've never met Baker. He doesn't have the balls. He's a stalking freak who
has repeatedly harassed me.

I've only ever replied to your posts in a public forum, Scotty. How is
that stalking or harassing?

Let's count the lies.
Not innocent, to be sure. Never met me. I have not had a drink in over
eighteen years.

It's called a *metaphor*, Scotty.