The ski season was so bad this year that ...

Old April 26th 15, 07:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default The ski season was so bad this year that ...

The ski season was so bad this year that ...
Ullr slept in.
Old April 27th 15, 03:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

lal_truckee wrote:
The ski season was so bad this year that ...
Ullr slept in.

Okemo's last day was today, Killington is still open.

My season was so bad I skied 3 times.
First outing, first run at Christmas my knee popped.
I could not generate downward force to set binding, could not walk up
stairs for two weeks.
About month later went to NASTAR open, was able to get in 7 gate runs in
3 days. Was reduced to being a cripple for 3 weeks.
Got 3 more race runs at Tuxedo on the last night of racing for the
season before knee quit.

I am waiting a bit to get on bicycle and ski machine got to do better
next year, my son is starting to catch up to me.
Old April 27th 15, 02:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 4/26/2015 3:03 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
The ski season was so bad this year that ...
Ullr slept in.

It was bad throughout the west. The east had a great year. Here in the
upper midwest it was above average.

50 days on the nose for me, not bad since I'm still working full time.
Next year I hope to get in at least 60.

--
//Walt
Old April 27th 15, 06:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 04/26/2015 08:58 PM, downhill wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
The ski season was so bad this year that ...
Ullr slept in.

Okemo's last day was today, Killington is still open.

My season was so bad I skied 3 times.
First outing, first run at Christmas my knee popped.
I could not generate downward force to set binding, could not walk up
stairs for two weeks.
About month later went to NASTAR open, was able to get in 7 gate runs in
3 days. Was reduced to being a cripple for 3 weeks.
Got 3 more race runs at Tuxedo on the last night of racing for the
season before knee quit.

I am waiting a bit to get on bicycle and ski machine got to do better
next year, my son is starting to catch up to me.

Starting. HAH.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old April 28th 15, 02:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
gr[_4_]

On 4/27/2015 10:33 AM, Walt wrote:
On 4/26/2015 3:03 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
The ski season was so bad this year that ...
Ullr slept in.

It was bad throughout the west. The east had a great year. Here in the
upper midwest it was above average.

50 days on the nose for me, not bad since I'm still working full time.
Next year I hope to get in at least 60.

The East- natural snow came and stayed! The woods were great! Seldom do
we beat out you big mountain guys.

Old April 28th 15, 01:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Monday, April 27, 2015 at 8:40:11 PM UTC-6, gr wrote:

The East- natural snow came and stayed! The woods were great! Seldom do
we beat out you big mountain guys.

I heard yesterday that algore blamed the heavy snow in the east on global warming. He also blamed his huge weight gain on a diet. :-)
Old April 28th 15, 05:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

The Real Bev wrote:
, my son is starting to catch up to me.

Starting. HAH.

He has a way to go.

Remember "Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"
Old April 28th 15, 06:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 04/28/2015 10:45 AM, downhill wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
, my son is starting to catch up to me.

Starting. HAH.

He has a way to go.

Remember "Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

Until strength and endurance trump everything!

--
Cheers, Bev
Save the whales for dessert

The ski season was so bad this year that ... Richard Henry Alpine Skiing 4 April 15th 15 12:10 PM
What year? mm Alpine Skiing 1 March 5th 07 04:01 PM
Snow cover - pre-season 2006 compared to last year PG European Ski Resorts 3 November 19th 05 12:11 PM
Seattle area - Maybe we'll have a season this year Bob Snowboarding 7 November 6th 05 06:52 PM
season pass comps for a shot season. LePheaux Alpine Skiing 15 February 7th 05 05:42 PM