!@#$!@#$

Old November 24th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Sam Seiber

Default !@#$!@#$

CBJack wrote:
We're skiing at Crested Butte too. Even though the temps are
"unseasonable" man made and natural snow combined provide some good
skiing. Warning: For me any skiing is good.

Roger on the any skiing part. BTW, things were quite nice at Loveland
last Wednesday. The south facing stuff got warmed up. I should have
gotten on that stuff before the shade hit it. All the rest was quite
nice.

Sam "Damn those lines at A-Basin have been ugly this season" Seiber
Old November 24th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Sam Seiber

snoig wrote:
They opened up Peak 10, 6 chair and the Imperial lift at Breck today.
Can't say 6 or Imperial were very good though. Lots of rocks but they
should have most of them marked by this afternoon and the snow will be
better once it gets tracked up a bit. Still it seems like marketing is
making the trail opening decisions, not ski patrol.

I think I agree. Even at Loveland it pays to keep an eye open. There
are cooties in there! Sure seems to be busy here in Colorado.
Looking right now at A-Basins webcam (11/24 @ 11:20), and the maze at
Exo is full.

Sam "Glad to hear about more snow begining of next week" Seiber
Old November 24th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Sam Seiber

Marty wrote:
Copper was great on Sunday. Should be just as good or better on Turkey
Day. Only rocks I found were in the bumps.

I hit Loveland Wednesday. Conditions reported in another post in this
thread. I plan on hitting Love again Sunday. I kind of expect firm
snow due to a bunch of holiday skier traffic. Sounds like we have
some new snow on the way for the begining of next week. Is it me, or
are we busier here in CO than this time in the past?

Sam "Bring on more snow, even for UT" Seiber
Old November 24th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

Sam Seiber wrote:
Marty wrote:
Copper was great on Sunday. Should be just as good or better on Turkey
Day. Only rocks I found were in the bumps.

I hit Loveland Wednesday. Conditions reported in another post in this
thread. I plan on hitting Love again Sunday. I kind of expect firm
snow due to a bunch of holiday skier traffic. Sounds like we have
some new snow on the way for the begining of next week. Is it me, or
are we busier here in CO than this time in the past?

Sam "Bring on more snow, even for UT" Seiber

Yep, sounds like Loveland is the best bet for people who absolutly need
to ski this weekend. They got about twice as much snow as any Summit
County resorts from the last storm. Otherwise, the cross country
skiing has been pretty good.

It sure looks to me like the long Thanksgiving weekend is becoming
Thanksgiving week. Lots of people I talked to at Breck on Wednesday
were there for the week. Come in early and leave on Saturday to avoid
the holiday traffic on Sunday. Also, since many of the Tahoe area
resorts are not open yet or don't have much snow, people are coming
here. Lots of people in town this week but I expect it to start
clearing out tomorrow. Then we get another storm blowing through here
early in the week and it should be pretty good by the weekend. They
should be able to open a lot more terrain but I have a feeling they
might just wait another week or so for the xmas crowds.

snoig

Old November 26th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Let Mikey Ski It! Let Mikey Ski It! is offline
Junior Member

Sam Seiber said:

... Is it me, or
are we busier here in CO than this time in the past?

It seems like that to me, too. Breck is extra crazy now since the base
of Peak 8 is not open yet due to the gondola construction.
Consequently, Peak 9 was worse than Christmas on Friday. But, we get
there early and were skiing right on the two expert lifts open (and
there was some sweet snow to be found).

I have started my Breck skiing blog for the year.

Have a great season,

Mike...

--
See my ski photography and Breckenridge photo ski blog at http://Powderday.us