Engleberg skiing

Old September 20th 14, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Champ[_2_]

Default Engleberg skiing

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 00:37:27 +0200, Ace wrote:

So look guys, we can take this seriously if you like. The Engelberg
Moutain Guides http://www.engelbergmountainguide.ch/ share the office
and booking systems etc. with us, and honestly Neal, you know the
amazing stuff we've skied together here? You've not even scratched the
surface. You've only seen the stuff that I feel confident taking
people down, FFS. With an hour or two of walking (with a guide) I
reckon we could blow your mind.

slavers

The lift accessible stuff is about the best I've found in the alps.
So the idea of much better is, er, enticing.

Switters - c'mon, man, we need to get this organised!
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk
Old September 20th 14, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Jérémy

"Cab" wrote in
:

Well if you fancy doing MB again, gimme a shout, I'll be more than
happy to walk it with you. No helicopters mind.

Do you ski? If I do Mt. Blanc again by one of the ordinary routes, it'll be
on skis.

--
Jeremy
K1300GT
Old September 20th 14, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Cab[_2_]

J�r�my wibbled forthrightly:

"Cab" wrote in
:

Well if you fancy doing MB again, gimme a shout, I'll be more than
happy to walk it with you. No helicopters mind.

Do you ski? If I do Mt. Blanc again by one of the ordinary routes,
it'll be on skis.

I'm **** at skiing. I'll be more than happy to walk up the tough route
again, mind.

--
Cab :^) - Cogito sumere potum alterum
Z1000ABS : http://www.rosbif.org/bike/
Old September 22nd 14, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Jérémy

"Cab" wrote in
:

J�r�my wibbled forthrightly:

"Cab" wrote in
:

Well if you fancy doing MB again, gimme a shout, I'll be more than
happy to walk it with you. No helicopters mind.

Do you ski? If I do Mt. Blanc again by one of the ordinary routes,
it'll be on skis.

I'm **** at skiing. I'll be more than happy to walk up the tough route
again, mind.

None of the tough routes are walks. Those are the easy routes.

--
Jeremy
K1300GT
Old September 22nd 14, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PipL

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 07:18:30 GMT, "Jérémy" wrote:

"Cab" wrote in
:

J�r�my wibbled forthrightly:

"Cab" wrote in
:

Well if you fancy doing MB again, gimme a shout, I'll be more than
happy to walk it with you. No helicopters mind.

Do you ski? If I do Mt. Blanc again by one of the ordinary routes,
it'll be on skis.

I'm **** at skiing. I'll be more than happy to walk up the tough route
again, mind.

None of the tough routes are walks. Those are the easy routes.

Heh. "My carabiner is bigger than yours"

--

Pip

Old September 23rd 14, 07:48 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Jérémy

PipL wrote in
news
On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 07:18:30 GMT, "Jérémy" wrote:

"Cab" wrote in
:

J�r�my wibbled forthrightly:

"Cab" wrote in
:

Well if you fancy doing MB again, gimme a shout, I'll be more
than happy to walk it with you. No helicopters mind.

Do you ski? If I do Mt. Blanc again by one of the ordinary routes,
it'll be on skis.

I'm **** at skiing. I'll be more than happy to walk up the tough
route again, mind.

None of the tough routes are walks. Those are the easy routes.

Heh. "My carabiner is bigger than yours"

To be fair (I was rather pulling Cab's leg), you've got to be in pretty
good shape for even the easy routes to be easy.

--
Jeremy
K1300GT
Old September 23rd 14, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Cab[_2_]

J�r�my wibbled forthrightly:

I'm **** at skiing. I'll be more than happy to walk up the tough
route again, mind.

None of the tough routes are walks. Those are the easy routes.

Heh. "My carabiner is bigger than yours"

To be fair (I was rather pulling Cab's leg), you've got to be in
pretty good shape for even the easy routes to be easy.

Ah, I was whooshed without knowing it.

Old September 23rd 14, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Andy Bonwick[_2_]

On 23/09/2014 08:48, Jérémy wrote:

snip

To be fair (I was rather pulling Cab's leg), you've got to be in pretty
good shape for even the easy routes to be easy.

I always favoured the beer & tabs approach to training for the Alps.

I used to get the BMC bus from London to Chamonix and arrive at about
9am, put my tent up in the site opposite the hospital then jump in a
cable car up to Le Brevent for a walk along the ridge and down into the
valley to shake off the horrors of the bus journey.

The next day would usually see a group of us going up to the Midi then a
snow plod up Mont Blanc du Tacul before either setting up a bivi near
the old Cosmiques hut or begging our way into the Midi station to sleep
in one of the corridors then walk down the Vallee Blanche to Chamonix.

Once that was done I was normally acclimatised and ready for bigger
things and longer stays above the snow line. It's amazing how long you
can stay up there for when you're skint and don't want to be constantly
paying for telepheriques.
Old September 24th 14, 05:35 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Cab[_2_]

Andy Bonwick wibbled forthrightly:

I always favoured the beer & tabs approach to training for the Alps.

I used to get the BMC bus from London to Chamonix and arrive at about
9am, put my tent up in the site opposite the hospital then jump in a
cable car up to Le Brevent for a walk along the ridge and down into
the valley to shake off the horrors of the bus journey.

The next day would usually see a group of us going up to the Midi
then a snow plod up Mont Blanc du Tacul before either setting up a
bivi near the old Cosmiques hut or begging our way into the Midi
station to sleep in one of the corridors then walk down the Vallee
Blanche to Chamonix.

Once that was done I was normally acclimatised and ready for bigger
things and longer stays above the snow line. It's amazing how long
you can stay up there for when you're skint and don't want to be
constantly paying for telepheriques.

Heh. IIRC, Plod now frowns upon people camping near Cosmiques and they
do move them on. Officially speaking.

Old September 24th 14, 06:07 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Andy Bonwick[_2_]

On 24/09/2014 06:35, Cab wrote:
[...]

They've always frowned on it but they can't do anything about it if the
last telepherique has left the Midi and you're stranded. Leaving
anything resembling a camp site set up in the day time would see it
removed so you've always got to carry everything or lower it into a
crevasse. Allegedly.