Val Thorens early season

Old October 2nd 10, 10:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mike Mather

Default Val Thorens early season

My daughter is planning to go to VT with Uni on the 10th December which is
the ssecond week of the season.

There is an option of a 3 Valleys pass on top of the standard VT area pass
for £49. On the VT site the difference is around 20 euro's for that time, so
to save her some money does anyone know if you can upgrade on a daily basis
or at a kiosk?

I don't think it is worth buying the full pass now as I'm not sure how much
will be open even with good snow but I don't want her to miss out as much as
I don't want her to waste her limited funds.

thanks......Mike

Old October 6th 10, 10:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Michael Chare

"Mike Mather" wrote in message
My daughter is planning to go to VT with Uni on the 10th December which is
the ssecond week of the season.

There is an option of a 3 Valleys pass on top of the standard VT area pass
for £49. On the VT site the difference is around 20 euro's for that time,
so to save her some money does anyone know if you can upgrade on a daily
basis or at a kiosk?

I don't think it is worth buying the full pass now as I'm not sure how
much will be open even with good snow but I don't want her to miss out as
much as I don't want her to waste her limited funds.

I would buy the pass when you daughter gets there. You would have to ring
the lift people if you want to know about daily upgrades on a daily basis.

We stayed at VT and used a 3 V pass on the 13/12/09. I think this was the
first day that the interconnecting lists where open.

--
Michael Chare

Old October 14th 10, 02:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ian Blake[_4_]

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 23:47:35 +0100, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

I would buy the pass when you daughter gets there. You would have to ring
the lift people if you want to know about daily upgrades on a daily basis.

We stayed at VT and used a 3 V pass on the 13/12/09. I think this was the
first day that the interconnecting lists where open.

Last time I went to VT before Christmas I bought a VT only pass. I was told when
I wanted to buy a 3V pass that I didn't need to because the VT pass was valid
everywhere in the pre-season. I remember being in Courchevel and the attendent
seeing the first VT pass of the season told me, not to stay too long or I might
not get back. It may be different now this was in the days when we still used
picture cards.
Old October 14th 10, 03:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Brian Mc

Ian Blake wrote:
: I wanted to buy a 3V pass that I didn't need to because the VT pass was valid
: everywhere in the pre-season.
: It may be different now this was in the days when we still used
: picture cards.

No longer true! I was in VT last year and the cost for the pre-season local
and 3V passes were published on the web-site - they increased for each of
pre-season weeks (as more lifts were planned to open) but were always
significantly less than normal.

I don't know what would have happened if lack of snow had prevented them
opening their planned lifts. Also (as I had a 3V pass) I don't know what the
upgrade arrangements were.

Old February 6th 11, 01:15 PM
scoorotab scoorotab is offline
Banned

Location: Mongolia
Send a message via ICQ to scoorotab

hey all I was searching some stuff on bing and found this usefull site. So just signed up to say heya and might be I will come and posting here sometime.
thx

How NOT to end your season early.... Rich Heimlich Alpine Skiing 64 March 15th 06 05:03 PM
early April: Champoluc or Val Thorens Scott Whitehead European Ski Resorts 1 February 9th 05 10:26 PM
Early season scars Eric Snowboarding 4 December 11th 04 04:48 PM
Whistler early season josh Alpine Skiing 1 November 10th 03 09:31 PM
Early season in St Anton Ralf Langanke European Ski Resorts 9 July 22nd 03 10:02 PM