ISOLA 2000 at Easter

Old January 6th 05, 06:49 PM
Simon Brown

"WeatherCam" wrote in message

[chop]

FWIW I've just been taking a beer or two with guys who have been preparing
piste for over 20 years. They all say that it's steadilly getting worse :-(

--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old January 6th 05, 10:06 PM
Sue

In message , WeatherCam
writes

few years, and at times there is no real logic - but more to do with luck -
take the inshore forecasts today giving SW F7 - 8 - all we've had is F5
tops......

I think we've got the wind, here inland. Probably the forecaster was
right about how energetic the system is, but not exactly right about
which way it'd move.

Your high-pressure system over Spain and Morocco isn't particularly
cold, the Met Office seem to think it'll weaken and break up. Let's
hope they're right - it's pushing the weather too far north.

--
Sue ]

George Bush is personally responsible for global warming.
Old January 9th 05, 09:04 PM
Carl

"col" wrote in message
om...
If I'm quick there's an opportunity for a cheap holiday in ISOLA 2000
over Easter at end March. Concerned that there will be little or
slushy snow. Any thoughts on this, and whether it's easy to driver
there from Nice - would i need chains?

Isola is cheap whether you're quick or not! We were there at the end of
March 3 years ago in an indifferent snow year. South facing slopes were
hopeless, North facing slopes were fine. Could ski back to resort, bit icy
in morning, bit slushy in afternoon but fine all the same. Easy drive from
Nice - 1 and a half hours tops. Only need equipment if it has snowed
recently, in which case you're laughing anyway!

Speak to tourist office there and you'll get a 6-8 person apartment for
about 300 euros at that time of year, if not less. Lift pass cost £55 for
the week when we were there! Few dodgy old lifts, but good enough! Night
life is pretty non-existant though.

Old January 19th 05, 08:44 AM
Ace

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:40:14 GMT, Greg Hilton wrote:

Ace wrote in
:

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:11:09 +0100, "Simon Brown"
wrote:

snip

You moan about the poor weather every season though, so why should we
believe you this time?

To be fair Bruce he does tantalise us pre-season with stories of storks,
berries and other wildlife indicating the best winter ever....

And that's supposed to make us feel good, is it? We actually have a
number of storks around us who spend 12 months a year here. In fact,
ISTR that it's the symbol of Strasbourg and the Bas Rhin dept., so
common are they...

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)