Smoking ban at Vail & BC?

Old January 10th 06, 09:01 PM

Default Smoking ban at Vail & BC?

Interesting article:
http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2...NEWS/101090027

Now, I quit smoking a year ago, but this is getting a bit on the
silly side. I think I am more turned off by the exhaust from the
snowmobiles running up and down the slopes than I am from the very
occasional time I smell ciggy smoke. Do some of these people just
search out stuff to get upset about?

Sam "Lets ban all things that annoy" Seiber
Old January 10th 06, 09:11 PM

Sam Seiber wrote:

Interesting article:
http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2...NEWS/101090027

Now, I quit smoking a year ago, but this is getting a bit on the
silly side. I think I am more turned off by the exhaust from the
snowmobiles running up and down the slopes than I am from the very
occasional time I smell ciggy smoke. Do some of these people just
search out stuff to get upset about?

Huh. I thought it was already verboten to smoke in the liftlines and on
the lift most places. It seems to make sense to me to curtail smoking
any place where people are jammed together and they don't have a chance
to get away from the smoke - if you want to smoke, go over *there* away
from everybody else.

Not that I'm particularly adamant about it. And I agree that the smelly
snowmobiles are more annoying than the smoking.
Old January 10th 06, 09:23 PM

Walt wrote:
Sam Seiber wrote:

Interesting article:
http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2...NEWS/101090027

Now, I quit smoking a year ago, but this is getting a bit on the
silly side. I think I am more turned off by the exhaust from the
snowmobiles running up and down the slopes than I am from the very
occasional time I smell ciggy smoke. Do some of these people just
search out stuff to get upset about?

Huh. I thought it was already verboten to smoke in the liftlines and on
the lift most places. It seems to make sense to me to curtail smoking
any place where people are jammed together and they don't have a chance
to get away from the smoke - if you want to smoke, go over *there* away
from everybody else.

Not that I'm particularly adamant about it. And I agree that the smelly
snowmobiles are more annoying than the smoking.

Along those same lines, a friend of mine once said that "having a
smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a
pool". I suppose it applies to lift lines too.

--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"
Old January 10th 06, 09:24 PM

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:11:43 -0500, Walt
wrote:

Sam Seiber wrote:

Interesting article:
http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2...NEWS/101090027

Now, I quit smoking a year ago, but this is getting a bit on the
silly side. I think I am more turned off by the exhaust from the
snowmobiles running up and down the slopes than I am from the very
occasional time I smell ciggy smoke. Do some of these people just
search out stuff to get upset about?

Huh. I thought it was already verboten to smoke in the liftlines and on
the lift most places. It seems to make sense to me to curtail smoking
any place where people are jammed together and they don't have a chance
to get away from the smoke - if you want to smoke, go over *there* away
from everybody else.

Not that I'm particularly adamant about it. And I agree that the smelly
snowmobiles are more annoying than the smoking.

You guys are crazy. The sweet smell of two stroke oil after being
burned in a furious engine at high altitude while being driven by a
madman (preferably myself) smells better than an apple pie scented
candle.

On the other hand, second hand cig smoke smells like death to me
nowadays.

No opinion on the ban. Its already rare to see someone smoking in a
liftline.

nate
Old January 10th 06, 09:30 PM

uglymoney wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:11:43 -0500, Walt wrote:

You guys are crazy. The sweet smell of two stroke oil after being
burned in a furious engine at high altitude while being driven by a
madman (preferably myself) smells better than an apple pie scented
candle.

You may be right. I *hate* scented candles.

On the other hand, second hand cig smoke smells like death to me
nowadays.

Real tobacco? Not so bad. That weird mix of horse****, straw, and
chemical flavorings that they put into cigarettes is another thing
altogether.

No opinion on the ban. Its already rare to see someone smoking in a
liftline.

Right. They're all hanging around in the terrain park.

Which brings up the following question: Last year Black Mt. in Maine
banned *all* smoking *anywhere* at the resort - parking lot, bar, lodge,
slopes, you name it. Did they do this to drive away the punk
snowboarder kids, or is it truly some kind of health thing?

//Walt
Old January 10th 06, 10:09 PM

uglymoney wrote:
You guys are crazy. The sweet smell of two stroke oil after being
burned in a furious engine at high altitude while being driven by a
madman (preferably myself) smells better than an apple pie scented
candle.

Damn ugly, you are right again. I forgot, I love the smell of burnt
two stroke oil.

No opinion on the ban. Its already rare to see someone smoking in a
liftline.

Well, back when I did smoke, it was on the lift. I tried to keep it to
the times I was on the seat all by myself. Another great reason to ski
Loveland is if there is someone smoking on a nearby chair, the wind will
blow away the smoke before you can even smell it. It is rare when I
smell it, but I do see smoking on the chair fairly often. Remember, it
is ALWAYS windy at Loveland.

Sam "Have I mentioned my Volkls lately?" Seiber
Old January 11th 06, 02:32 AM

Walt wrote:

Not that I'm particularly adamant about it. And I agree that the
smelly snowmobiles are more annoying than the smoking.

smelly skidoos, noisy and stinky. Do they really need so many of them in the
resorts?

--
ant

Old January 11th 06, 02:37 AM

Walt wrote:
uglymoney wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:11:43 -0500, Walt wrote:

You guys are crazy. The sweet smell of two stroke oil after being
burned in a furious engine at high altitude while being driven by a
madman (preferably myself) smells better than an apple pie scented
candle.

You may be right. I *hate* scented candles.

Me too.They all smell like lollies. YUCK!

If they could invent candles (or anything) that smelt like fresh lemons, I'd
be interested. But they all smell like frosted cakes or something.

--
ant

Old January 11th 06, 02:38 AM

Sam Seiber wrote:

Well, back when I did smoke, it was on the lift. I tried to keep it
to the times I was on the seat all by myself. Another great reason
to ski Loveland is if there is someone smoking on a nearby chair, the
wind will blow away the smoke before you can even smell it. It is
rare when I smell it, but I do see smoking on the chair fairly often.
Remember, it is ALWAYS windy at Loveland.

I hate to tell you this, but the people on the chair behind knew you were
smoking, and hated you quite a lot.

--
ant

Old January 11th 06, 03:06 AM

ant wrote:
Walt wrote:

Not that I'm particularly adamant about it. And I agree that the
smelly snowmobiles are more annoying than the smoking.

smelly skidoos, noisy and stinky. Do they really need so many of them in the
resorts?

Smelly ants, noisy and stinky. Do we really need any at any resort?

Does Vail still Suck? Mini TR uglymoney Alpine Skiing 1 December 15th 04 07:18 AM
Steamboat vs. VAIL Sean Alpine Skiing 13 December 11th 04 07:22 AM
trip to Vail - looking for advice Sharkie Snowboarding 6 April 12th 04 09:21 PM
Vail vs Courchevel? OswCar Alpine Skiing 16 September 16th 03 08:01 AM
Vail American Ski Club Association North American Ski Resorts 0 July 27th 03 04:49 PM