3 years old Look P7.0 binding

Old December 27th 03, 11:29 AM
Tanel Sitska

Default 3 years old Look P7.0 binding

I bought new skis, Dynastar Speed Carve 63. It's last year model,
therefore the price was good. The shop mounted new bindings as well,
Look P 7.0. Later I did a little research and discovered that that
particular binding was in Look 2000/2001 catalog (prior to change in
model numbering, where the number following the word "Pivot" indicates
the max DIN setting). So I got almost 3 year old brand new bindings
:-)

Should I be worried? How long a binding lasts, is there kind of "best
before" date? The shop is helpful, but they apparently think that when
particular binding was manufactured is not that important.

Tanel
Old December 27th 03, 05:07 PM
lal_truckee

Tanel Sitska wrote:

I bought new skis, Dynastar Speed Carve 63. It's last year model,
therefore the price was good. The shop mounted new bindings as well,
Look P 7.0. Later I did a little research and discovered that that
particular binding was in Look 2000/2001 catalog (prior to change in
model numbering, where the number following the word "Pivot" indicates
the max DIN setting). So I got almost 3 year old brand new bindings
:-)

Should I be worried? How long a binding lasts, is there kind of "best
before" date? The shop is helpful, but they apparently think that when
particular binding was manufactured is not that important.

By now they've gone sour, and next year they'll give you food-poisoning.

OK, enough funny stuff.
No problems - the binding will be on the "Indemnification List" for
years to come. (The "Indemnification List" is the list of bindings for
which the manufacturers insure the shop against liability if the shop
sales or mounts or works on the binding. Means the manufacturer thinks
the binding is good. Your binding is good. Go skiing.)

Old December 28th 03, 06:27 PM
Tanel Sitska

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:07:24 -0800, lal_truckee
wrote:

By now they've gone sour, and next year they'll give you food-poisoning.

OK, enough funny stuff.
No problems - the binding will be on the "Indemnification List" for
years to come. (The "Indemnification List" is the list of bindings for
which the manufacturers insure the shop against liability if the shop
sales or mounts or works on the binding. Means the manufacturer thinks
the binding is good. Your binding is good. Go skiing.)

Thank god, I hate food-poisning :-) Thanks for your help.

Tanel

Tanel Sitska

remove xx from address