Binding straps don't release easily - ideas?

Old March 17th 04, 12:54 AM
Bob

Default Binding straps don't release easily - ideas?

I have a pair of Ride bindings on a board I got used recently.
The bindings don't release easily. Rather than just pulling on
the release lever, I frequently have to lift the tightening lever
a bit as I pull the release lever to get them to let go.
Sometimes, it takes several tries before they release. Does
anyone have suggestions for how to fix this? I'm thinking a
little silicone on the straps, but don't know if this would cause
problems.

Bob

Old March 17th 04, 12:58 AM
Mike T

I have a pair of Ride bindings on a board I got used recently.
The bindings don't release easily. Rather than just pulling on
the release lever, I frequently have to lift the tightening lever
a bit as I pull the release lever to get them to let go.
Sometimes, it takes several tries before they release. Does
anyone have suggestions for how to fix this? I'm thinking a
little silicone on the straps, but don't know if this would cause
problems.

As with a lot of strap bindings, make sure you're pulling on the release
level squarely and not twisting it or the strap when you pull. That can
make it stick. You'll probably get used to it in time.

Old March 22nd 04, 12:00 AM
Bert Root

Prior to the stampede Bob tryped

I have a pair of Ride bindings on a board I got used recently.
The bindings don't release easily. Rather than just pulling on
the release lever, I frequently have to lift the tightening lever
a bit as I pull the release lever to get them to let go.
Sometimes, it takes several tries before they release. Does
anyone have suggestions for how to fix this? I'm thinking a
little silicone on the straps, but don't know if this would cause
problems.

Bob

I use a little vaseline on the straps if they stick and it doesn't degrade
them in use that I have noticed. Only had to do it on the bottom of the
range K2s which I must say were terrible and returned for some more upmarket
Drakes with a metal ratchet that have performed much better for me.

--
((((º Bert Root® º))))