One down...

Old February 23rd 05, 10:45 PM
Alan Baker

Default One down...

....three more to go.

Certification levels, that is.

This weekend just passed, after an excruciatingly drawn out I completed
my CSIA Level One training and was duly certified. I'm now officially a
Ski Instructor.

Actually getting the course done was the really tricky bit. We started
the course on January 22... ...in the pouring rain. What was supposed to
be an hour or two of class room time, became six, and during the day,
the ski school director dropped by to say that Sunday would be a washout.

And then we waited for snow to fall and the mountain to reopen.

Jan 29-30: no.

February 5-6: nada.

February 12-13: yes!

Two days on the hill where they only really bad snow was the skiout. The
only trouble was that the course would now complete on the 19-20
weekend, and I'd missing spending the day with my gf, who was then in
town for a week.

But the show went on, and with some very good instructors, I once again
learned how to skid my turns in the approved manner for teaching
beginners. It's amazing how difficult it is to deconstruct one's
technique. g

In the process, I discovered just how much I needed to replace my boots,
and SnowCovers is fitting me for new Salomon's as I type this. Why?
Level Two! There's a course starting in March and I think I can pass it
(the Level One certification was never really in doubt, IMNSHO g).

And then we'll really see.

And OK, I may never get to Level Four. ;-)

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

Old March 3rd 05, 04:27 PM
F. Plant

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
...three more to go.

Certification levels, that is.

snip

Good luck on the level 2. Out of interest what are they charging for the
level 1 these days? Now that I've got kids I've been pondering getting
certified so I'm better equipped to deal w beginners.

F.Plant

Old March 3rd 05, 06:26 PM
Alan Baker

In article ,
"F. Plant" wrote:

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
...three more to go.

Certification levels, that is.

snip

Good luck on the level 2. Out of interest what are they charging for the
level 1 these days? Now that I've got kids I've been pondering getting
certified so I'm better equipped to deal w beginners.

F.Plant

$300 plus you had to buy lift tickets (at half price).