Is skiing reverse camber-rocker tips skis cheating?

Old October 20th 10, 10:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

Default Is skiing reverse camber-rocker tips skis cheating?

http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...skis-cheating/
Old October 20th 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Evojeesus wrote:
http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...skis-cheating/

I'd be interested in Pigo's thoughts, judgeing from his thoughts on Snowboarders
"ruining" the powder.

Old October 20th 10, 03:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

On Oct 20, 4:48*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Evojeesus wrote:
http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...rocker-tips-sk...

I'd be interested in Pigo's thoughts, judgeing from his thoughts on Snowboarders
"ruining" the powder.

Is he from those places where everyone must ski the powder in exact
the same radius turns so that the tracks fit side-by-side? Well, if
people have trouble dealing with other people's tracks in powder they
should consider investing in modern rockered powder skis
Old October 20th 10, 03:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Oct 20, 9:18*am, Evojeesus wrote:
On Oct 20, 4:48*pm, "Bob F" wrote:

Evojeesus wrote:
http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...rocker-tips-sk....

I'd be interested in Pigo's thoughts, judgeing from his thoughts on Snowboarders
"ruining" the powder.

Is he from those places where everyone must ski the powder in exact
the same radius turns so that the tracks fit side-by-side? Well, if
people have trouble dealing with other people's tracks in powder they
should consider investing in modern rockered powder skis

Not everyone must. But it sure is nice. And we've been doing it for
years. Since skis were 200+. The difference was that it took skill and
practice. The lowering of the bar WRT experience results in more of
those that can _negotiate_ powder but not ski it well messing it up.

It's not "my thoughts" on snowboarders that are relevant. They DO
change/ruin the powder. NEVER before snowboards were areas of powder
smashed down as opposed to cut up and still skiable. As well as the
area after new snow that is now smashed and wavy underneath as opposed
to just more "double deep" snow.

I'll have to look up those skis. I don't really know what you are
talking about. Are they the ones with both ends turned up? So that
they can ski backwards? Like we always could do anyway, but why would
you?
Old October 20th 10, 03:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 10/20/10 8:18 AM, Evojeesus wrote:
On Oct 20, 4:48 pm, "Bob wrote:
Evojeesus wrote:
http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...rocker-tips-sk...

I'd be interested in Pigo's thoughts, judgeing from his thoughts on Snowboarders
"ruining" the powder.

Is he from those places where everyone must ski the powder in exact
the same radius turns so that the tracks fit side-by-side?

Spooning turns is not a requirement - just courtesy. Courtesy is not
often seen these days. You maybe have heard of the "Tragedy of the Commons?"

It also takes skill to turn where you want, not where the ski/board
wants. Such skill is also lacking these days - everyone is depending on
the latest equipment to remove the need for skill and experience, and it
apparently so serves. Plenty of unskilled skiers out in the fresh (and
everywhere else.)

Well, if
people have trouble dealing with other people's tracks in powder they
should consider investing in modern rockered powder skis

Or just learn how to ski. Dancing in the chop is fun. Last year I used
15 year old Snow Rangers I found leaning on a wall here in Truckee.
Excellent skis for chop and powder (and junk and cement.)
Old October 20th 10, 04:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

lal_truckee wrote:

Or just learn how to ski.

Where is the fun in that I want a magic bullet the does everything for me.

I am talking to a client who wants to put in paddle shifters on steering
wheel, because he thinks it will make him go faster.
Of course if you run out of revs at the start of long straight and coast
down the straight on the rev limiter a gear ratio change would make all
the difference in your lap time. A tenth of a second saving with a
paddle shifter would not make a difference.
But people have a tendency to want the easy way out and think the latest
trick is the hot setup

Over 90 percent of the people I advise could improve their skills by
having more time driving, it works the same way with skiing.

As I told my intern you get out of life what you put into it.

It is only cheating if the organizing body has ruled it illegal.

Old October 20th 10, 04:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Oct 20, 3:17 am, Evojeesus wrote:
http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...rocker-tips-sk...

The answer is no.

Nevertheless, new way for powder skiing, try teleboarding,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HnaOGRM1Y

snowbender
Old October 20th 10, 05:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Oct 20, 7:48*am, "Bob F" wrote:
Evojeesus wrote:
http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...rocker-tips-sk...

I'd be interested in Pigo's thoughts, judgeing from his thoughts on Snowboarders
"ruining" the powder.

One would think that judging from his transexual fantasies and
perversions regarding the rape of children, a decent human being would
not be interested in any of his thoughts.
Old October 20th 10, 05:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Oct 20, 4:48 pm, "Bob *wrote:
Evojeesus wrote:
http://www.tetonat.com/2009/07/is-sk...rocker-tips-sk....

I'd be interested in Pigo's thoughts, judgeing from his thoughts on Snowboarders
"ruining" the powder.

Is he from those places where everyone must ski the powder in exact
the same radius turns so that the tracks fit side-by-side?

Spooning turns is not a requirement - just courtesy. Courtesy is not
often seen these days. You maybe have heard of the "Tragedy of the Commons?"

Holy ****. Irony meter smears big snowboarder turns across a virgin
field of powder.
Dickless Lloyd talking about courtesY? The way he lies about me here?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA
Old October 20th 10, 06:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Oct 20, 4:48 pm, "Bob *wrote:
Evojeesus wrote:
[...]

Where do you find "chop" out there? Do you have boardfree runs or
something. When I look up at board infested areas there is no "crud".