Liebsch missing

Old February 6th 06, 08:56 PM

Default Liebsch missing

So Liebsch, you have the race of your life and you get left out of the
review...

http://www.skinnyski.com/racing/display.asp?Id=4355

Good luck at the vasa,

Byrnes-out

Old February 7th 06, 01:21 AM

No big deal, people just dont know who I am I guess. Hope mora goes
like COLL did. Felt great the whole time and I wish it had been
longer. I just need to learn how to sprint. Check out
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~willi133/loppet.html to see video of the finish.
Watch Chad and Chambo tangled up. I kinda felt bad going by them ,but
like Jay Tegeder says "Stick around this sport long enough and you'll
beat everyone at least once!"

Matt Liebsch

Jay Tegeder
"Stick around this sport long enough and you'll beat everyone at least
once!" JT

Old February 7th 06, 02:48 AM

Nice Matt! Sure looks like Chamberlain came up from behind and
tried to take more room than there was, taking out Chad competely and
Osgood's poles. Chad must have been pretty angry with this happening
two days in a row, but I'm told by someone who sat with the others
later that they just shrugged and laughed, knowing this sort of thing
happens all the time.

Gene

Old February 7th 06, 12:16 PM

If you look at that video closely, it seems to show that both Brayton
and Chad moved just a bit towards the center to "close the door" on
Dave (to use cycling terminology). So one look at the video, and you're
wondering why Dave trying to force his way up the middle. A second
closer look and I can see why he went for the opening. BTW, I don't
think there was any real thought to "closing the door." It's just a
competition thing. If the timing of the pole plants had been a bit
different, a shot up the gut may have gotten Dave second as Chad seemed
to be fading.

Jay Wenner

Old February 7th 06, 10:41 PM

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:01:52 -0600, Gene Goldenfeld
wrote:

See here for Matt's fastest skis of the bunch:
http://www.skinnyski.com/racing/display.asp?Id=4369

Other comments on the COLL organizers:

http://www.xcskiracing.com/Home/tabi...7/Default.aspx

Sixth paragraph in main post, plus some in the comments.

JFT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old February 8th 06, 04:00 AM

Whining. FYI, John Munger, the COLL director, announced on the race's
website and skinnyski.com that the decision would be announced Wed
morning and it was. A few days earlier he had said that a postponement
for two weeks was being considered. There was a bit of snow in the
subsequent days and a close examination of the course, weather
forecasts, and consideration of the sponsors' efforts led to the
decision that the race could be held, with lots of shoveling (it's not
up any more but I think the tide shifted on Monday, and a call to
John might have elicited that info). Last year the cancellation was way
too late and probably lots of people complained. But four days too
little, come on. I understand Nathan's disappointment, but Boulder was
his call not the COLL's. The major snow storm that hit Idaho and
cancelled flights to Mpls was just one of those things, like the
collisions at the finish of the men's sprint and main race.

Gene

Old February 8th 06, 11:09 AM

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 23:00:02 -0600, Gene Goldenfeld
wrote:

like the collisions at the finish of the men's sprint and main race.

So it was just unlucky that the finish to the main race included
participants from a shorter event, as Osgood described? Nothing could
have been done about that....or was that anticipated and thought to be
fine?

JFT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old February 8th 06, 11:09 AM

wrote:
Last year the cancellation was way
too late and probably lots of people complained.

Probably.

JFT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com