Advice wanted on season passes for Summit County

Old October 2nd 05, 11:49 AM
Louisiana Skier

Default Advice wanted on season passes for Summit County

I will be relocating to Denver for the winter, and will be hitting the
Summit County areas a lot. I will initially be unemployed, but hope to
get a gig while I am there. Anyway, suffice it to say that I will be
trying to ski every other day.

I figure that every week, I will ski at least 1 of the weekend days per
week, and will try to catch a day or 2 on the side after work. For
this reason, it seems that I must make Keystone as my primary ski area.
I have enjoyed Arapahoe in the past, although it would be nice if they
groomed a bit more. I have never liked Breckenridge, and really do not
understand what the fuss is all about there. So it seems that as a
basis, I should purchase the Ski 3 Pass for $359. If I read it
correctly, that pass allows me unlimited skiing at those areas.

However, I also enjoy Copper. Of course, it is only a day ski area,
and I would need to get out the house early to get a full day of
skiing. It would really be nice if I could somehow get a pass that
included the Ski 3 and Copper together for just a little more than the
price of the Ski 3 Pass, but I am wondering if it makes sense for me.
It looks like a 1/2 day ticket is only $50, so I could do 5 days and it
would still be less than getting a season pass. But then again, I
would plan to do about 32 or so skier days in the season, so even with
a combined price of $640, that would still be about $20 per day.

What do you all think?

Old October 2nd 05, 12:18 PM
Jay Pique

Whatever you do, get a pass. The psychology of having already paid for
your skiing is strong for many. Plus you don't have to wait in line
for tix.

If they still have the pass that gives you unlimited at Breck, A-Basin
and Keystone plus 10 days at Vail/Beaver Creek I'd get that one for
sure. Of course I prefer Copper, so I'd have that one too - especially
if it included Winter Park.

Ski hard.
JP