Imperial Vs. Horseshoe

Old August 1st 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
RogueIT

Default Imperial Vs. Horseshoe

We went to Breckenridge last year and I ended up skiing Horseshoe
Bowl. It was my first bowl attempt as in Kentucky 12000 foot mountains
are hard to come by and Colorado was a special treat for us ( oh yes
we will go back). I was wondering which bowl is harder. Imperial or
Horseshoe. Imperial looked like it had a lot more people on it and I
often assume that means easier.

Thanks,
Rogue

Old August 2nd 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Aug 1, 11:30 am, RogueIT wrote:
We went to Breckenridge last year and I ended up skiing Horseshoe
Bowl. It was my first bowl attempt as in Kentucky 12000 foot mountains
are hard to come by and Colorado was a special treat for us ( oh yes
we will go back). I was wondering which bowl is harder. Imperial or
Horseshoe. Imperial looked like it had a lot more people on it and I
often assume that means easier.

Thanks,
Rogue

Horseshoe Bowl actually varies quite a bit. The easiest part down the
center is pretty similar to Imperial IMHO. But once that easy part
gets bumped up, then it's a bit harder. The steeper parts of
Horseshoe on the north side (Lulu) are much steeper and it usually has
a nice rock about half way down until it gets covered sometime in
March.

However, if you want the steeps, just hike to the top of Peak 8 from
the Imperial lift and head over to the Lake Chutes.

snoig

Old August 3rd 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
hr(bob) [email protected]

On Aug 2, 2:16 pm, snoig wrote:
[...]

I hiked up from Vista Haus to the top of the t-bar and then cut over
into imperial bowl beneath the Imperial lift yesterday. Sure looks
different in the summer than when covered with snow. Oh well, only 4
more months.

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann