cuff thingee on salomon bumblebee skate boots

Old October 24th 04, 04:18 PM
sknyski

Default cuff thingee on salomon bumblebee skate boots

I snapped one of the cuffs (down near where the "v" attaches to the
black knob on the boot) the other day while rollerskiing. Anyone know
where to get these things on the cheap?

bt
Old October 25th 04, 07:41 PM
Chris Cline

Hi Brian-
I broke one of those thingymabob's (sounds like in the
same place) a couple of years ago. I brought the boot
in to my friendly local ski shop and they sent it back
to Salomon for replacement. My understanding is that
Salomon has them in stock, but that shops don't
generally carry them. It took me about 2 weeks to get
the boot back, once it got to Salomon.

Luckily the rollerskiing season is almost (?) over.

Chris C-
SLC, UT

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Old October 25th 04, 10:25 PM
Nathan Schultz

Take them to any Salomon retailer and they will warranty them as long as you
hide the evidence of them being run over by a tractor or being eaten by your
dog.

-Nathan
www.nsavage.com

m...

Old October 26th 04, 02:44 AM
sknyski

Luckily the rollerskiing season is almost (?) over.

Ha! When you live 4 hours from snow, it's ALWAYS rollerskiing season!
Thanks for the tip on the cuff thingamaboobie, though.

bt
Old October 26th 04, 02:45 AM
sknyski

"Nathan Schultz" wrote in message ...
Take them to any Salomon retailer and they will warranty them as long as you
hide the evidence of them being run over by a tractor or being eaten by your
dog.

I'm probably out of luck, since it was run over by a tractor DRIVEN by
my dog. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

bt
Old October 27th 04, 07:11 PM
Camilo

"Nathan Schultz" wrote in message
Take them to any Salomon retailer and they will warranty them as long as

you
hide the evidence of them being run over by a tractor or being eaten by

your
dog.

-Nathan
www.nsavage.com

"sknyski" wrote in message
m...
I snapped one of the cuffs (down near where the "v" attaches to the
black knob on the boot) the other day while rollerskiing. Anyone know
where to get these things on the cheap?

bt

Ditto what Nathan said. I broke the latch (actually the TINY little plastic
nib that the latch catches on) on the yellow cuff of my 4 or so year old
Salomons. Brought it in to local ski shop thinking there would be a cheap
easy repair. Turns out it was both cheap and easy, but major. To remedy
this tiny little problem, they had to replace the whole cuff. They said
they normally had a couple of cuffs in stock, but didn't happen to have
them. Two weeks later, they called me and replaced the cuff gratis. I
didn't have to send the boot in at all, and luckily for me I could make do
with duct tape in the mean time. By the way, this tiny little weak link
seems to be a fairly common failure spot - I've seen quite a few boots out
there w/ duct tape holding the latch shut. If you use designer color duct
tape (yellow or black) you can have a nice look, but there's a lot to be
said for the classic hammer-head grey duct tape look.

Editorial comment: it just ****es me off that an otherwise well designed and
high quality boot would have such a tiny weak link. The only redeeming
feature is that they stood behind it. I wonder why they don't stand behind
the $hitty rubber tabs on the pilot bindings. My ski shop charges an
unbelievable amount for them, and I think they should be replaced free.
They are designed to wear out - and there's no similar poor link in other
bindings.

Cam