Compressed edge - fixable?

Old May 9th 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
JEK

Default Compressed edge - fixable?

To make a long story short, on my last run of the day, I had some
trouble initiating toe side turns. Wasn't sure if it was just because
I was tired or my latest misguided attempt at binding adjustment.
After getting home, I saw the compressed edge. It's not big. about 2
inches long but its right at the widest part of board (where I assume
is where most of the force in a turn is applied). At its most
compressed, the edge is pushed almost completely into the board. The
base bulges out where the edge is pushed in.

I asked my brother, who told me to replace it. The local shop looked
and said they don't do that kind of work, and it would probably
require replacing the base. It wouldn't be cheap and it might not be
the same board after. It's an '01 Yukon, which I loved, but I got for
a song on ebay. Since it just prior to a Trip to Utah, and i don't get
out West much, I decided not to risk it, and I found a mint condition
06 so I upgraded. (BTW, the newer top sheet is much less durable.)

Anyway, the question is whether its salvageable and what it would cost
to repair. I could just put it on ebay (full disclosure of course),
but I'd rather do that in good conscience. Any insights?

nice skate onto a compressed leg John Forrest Tomlinson Nordic Skiing 4 January 7th 07 06:33 PM
skier's edge frank Alpine Skiing 7 November 20th 04 06:30 PM
Compressed Interval Block Training - Good or Bad? Tim Kelley Nordic Skiing 44 November 12th 04 09:14 PM
classic rollerskiing [was: Compressed Interval Block Training -Good or Bad?] Mitch Collinsworth Nordic Skiing 2 October 20th 04 07:02 PM
FS: Edge Tool! Doug Marketplace 1 January 22nd 04 01:18 AM