Salmon Hills opening Friday Jan.9

Old January 8th 04, 01:24 PM
Hans Giuliani

Default Salmon Hills opening Friday Jan.9

The new owners of Salmon Hills have announced that tomorrow Friday
Jan. 9 they will open for business. I have been hired to do the
grooming and although it is a very late start, I will try my best to
have some trails groomed by tomorrow Friday and more by the weekend.
Coey Hill will not be groomed yet since a permit from the DEC has not
been secured yet.

There is an abundance of work to be done yet so don't expect perfect
trails starting tomorrow. I will be taking care of some trail
obstacles this morning and then the grooming will start probably early
afternoon. I expect to have the Village trails and hopefully part of
Main Street and Hemlock done by tomorrow. Snow is deep so it will be
soft at first. It is also expected to be very cold this weekend, so my
bet is that Saturday should be good for classic and then Sunday with
warmer temperatures skating should be good also.

Hopefully this weekend there will be a crowd of familiar faces to say
hi to. This is a chance for all those who thought they had lost Salmon
Hills to show up and show their support. It may be a new management
but you can all help keep the spirit of Salmon Hills alive. Remember
the saying, "don't use it, you loose it". Hope to see you all.

Hans G.
Old January 8th 04, 02:09 PM
Mitch Collinsworth

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Hans Giuliani wrote:

The new owners of Salmon Hills have announced that tomorrow Friday
Jan. 9 they will open for business. I have been hired to do the
grooming and although it is a very late start, I will try my best to
have some trails groomed by tomorrow Friday and more by the weekend.

Excellent news!

Does this mean that you have the Pisten Bully back?

-Mitch

Old January 8th 04, 06:13 PM
Eddie Luban

That is good news. But don't forget there's also great skiing on
groomed trails (and with new lodge facilities) at Osceola, about 15
min. east of Salmon Hills. They've expanded their trail network
over the years and now have quite a bit of varied terrain under all
that lake effect snow. And the Tourathon trails in the Winona State
Forest are also being groomed regularly.

Eddie Luban