Any classic boots have heels that are too tight?

Old December 5th 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)

Default Any classic boots have heels that are too tight?

Does anyone out there have trouble with classic boots that are too
snug in the heel?

I have a slight hunch that LOOSE heels are the bane of modern classic
boots.

Why do they design classic boots to have a wide/big heel? Do some
skiers out there have proportionately bigger/wider heels? My foot
seems "normal" but maybe my heel is narrow. Never knew it to be so.
I'd think that skier-types might often have "skinny" feet, in a
sense.

So...do YOU have troubles fitting classic boots? If so---too loose or
too tight?

(I've just been using both new Fischers and new Alpinas---both too
loose.)

--JP
Old December 5th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Melinda Shore

In article ,
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) wrote:
So...do YOU have troubles fitting classic boots? If so---too loose or
too tight?

Too loose, but I have the same problem with running shoes
(high arches, narrow heels, generally rigid feet). I do
well with some Mizuno running shoes and Rossignol boots,
although I've heard people with wide feet and flat arches
say that Rossignol works well for them, too.