Spring Skiing Commando

Old April 8th 05, 01:32 AM
Ron - NY

Default Spring Skiing Commando

I am now a proud member of the Commando Ski Team . I feel so free , nothing
holding me back now . Although I'm wondering if that much weight swinging
back & forth is responsible for my excessive wipe-outs or if I'm just not
used to slushy spring snow .

I was bummed when I saw how Mt. Snow degraded in 2 weeks with all the warm
weather & rain , now maybe I agree they might be ready to close soon, not
sure how much the groomers can milk it . Maybe Mary was right.

Hard on the legs turning in this stuff all day long , it was wet , heavy &
deep and I was struggling with it all day where I just felt off . I hate
ending on a bad day , maybe if the weather changes and we get less rain and
more cold i'll try Killington in 2 weeks . It was nice skiing in the 60's
though :-) I need more , I want more , I will have more

Capilene rules ! Thanx Bob Lee , My credit card hurts but that capilene
stuff feels soooooo goooood . Oh and it takes up very little room in the
suitcase and doesn't wrinkle . Almost can't wait for a freezing cold day
next year , almost .

Ron

Old April 8th 05, 03:14 PM
Mary Malmros

Ron - NY wrote:

I was bummed when I saw how Mt. Snow degraded in 2 weeks with all the warm
weather & rain , now maybe I agree they might be ready to close soon, not
sure how much the groomers can milk it . Maybe Mary was right.

I thought it might hold out a bit longer, but it was an epic weekend
here for rain. The snow had stood up surprisingly well to both rain and
warm in the previous weeks, and had turned into corn rather than mashed
potatoes, but there are limits to everything.

Hard on the legs turning in this stuff all day long , it was wet , heavy &
deep and I was struggling with it all day where I just felt off . I hate
ending on a bad day , maybe if the weather changes and we get less rain and
more cold i'll try Killington in 2 weeks . It was nice skiing in the 60's
though :-) I need more , I want more , I will have more

Then go for more, but realize that although the temps will dip below
freezing on many nights, they'll be above freezing most of the time.
Snowmaking is over, has been for a month or more, and it's highly
unlikely that there will be any significant natural. IOW, it's very
unlikely to improve at all, but instead should degrade day to day. The
question is just how fast, and the sooner you get out for your "final
day", the better off you'll be.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Spring skiing through rose-colored glasses Mary Malmros Alpine Skiing 34 April 6th 05 12:55 AM
Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 04:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 01:47 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Near fatal ski incident Me Nordic Skiing 22 February 27th 04 02:47 PM