And the season starts...

Old November 22nd 10, 08:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

Default And the season starts...

wrote:
On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 16:54:22 +0100
Terje Mathisen"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote:

wrote:
check isohunt, search fis world cup. thanks to basilbrush.

Bjørgen will be _very_ hard to beat this year, she started the year
like she ended the last season, by blowing away the competition.

Excuse my caution, but Bjoergen had a run of seasons where she started
strong then fell apart. We'll have to see if the reported change in
her training now allows her to hold form. It will also be interesting
to see if and how easily Kowalczyk can be pushed aside.

Bjørgen had a couple of very strong seasons when she first broke
through, then she had 3-4 years in a row with severe problems ("only
winning a world cup race or two"), before she finally figured out what
she'd been doing wrong before last year.

I really hope she's got it all figured out now, in time for the
Holmenkollen world champs.

Terje

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no
Old November 22nd 10, 10:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

wrote:
check isohunt, search fis world cup. thanks to basilbrush.

Bjørgen will be _very_ hard to beat this year, she started the year
like she ended the last season, by blowing away the competition.

Excuse my caution, but Bjoergen had a run of seasons where she started
strong then fell apart. We'll have to see if the reported change in
her training now allows her to hold form. It will also be interesting
to see if and how easily Kowalczyk can be pushed aside.

Gene

The commentator said she planned to miss the Tour de Ski this season.

She did the same last winter, right?

It must be exiting to belong to a nation with sufficient high quality
skiers to enable them to focus on personal targets, the Tour, the
World Cup or the World Champs/Olys.

Bjørgen _can_ win multiple golds at home this year, I'm not too
surprised that she's putting a higher priority on this than the Tour
and/or the overall world cup. (And you pretty much have to do well in
the Tour to have a chance on the overall title, right?)

Terje
- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no
Old November 22nd 10, 12:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
polarpoler

On Nov 21, 7:05*am, dardruba wrote:
On 21/11/2010 06:17, wrote:

check isohunt, search fis world cup. *thanks to basilbrush.

I've got a Denied Access message.
Is this a torrent phrase or just our guys saying 'let the big boys go
first' ?

Using uTorrent and VLC it works fine for me.
Old November 22nd 10, 08:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba[_2_]

NRK mentioned a few times a small hillock about km before the stadium,
just 5m high or less, which was supposedly named "Kalla-kullen", i.e.
the Charlotte Kalla hill?

The English commentator on Eurosport reported it was the same track they
used last season, but with the inclusion of a small hill.
I wonder.
Old November 23rd 10, 05:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

dardruba wrote:

NRK mentioned a few times a small hillock about km before the stadium,
just 5m high or less, which was supposedly named "Kalla-kullen", i.e.
the Charlotte Kalla hill?

The English commentator on Eurosport reported it was the same track they
used last season, but with the inclusion of a small hill.
I wonder.

Kalla-kullen wasn't a hill at all, just a 2m depression followed by a
4-5 m uphill, i.e. the sort of bounce where a technically good skier can
gain a few meters on others.

Terje

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no