OLN FIS Coverage

Old December 1st 04, 01:51 PM
Marty

Default OLN FIS Coverage

All,

I tried responding to Mary's question regarding OLN and FIS coverage several
days ago on the moderated group and have not seen it posted there yet, so,
I'll repeat what I had to say there, here. Here is what I have found:

Must be big money in Bull riding. OLN is really letting me down. Less
bicycle racing coverage this year and now you have to dig like mad to find
the ski racing coverage.

Try this page: http://ww2.olntv.com/htmlpage.asp?htmlid=4

When and if the "Find a Show" page pops up, enter "World Cup" or "USSA" in
the keyword box and "Anytime" in the "Day" box. I see this Saturday as the
1st day that they'll be showing WC coverage. It's been that way for weeks
now. Can't say what will actually happen.
--
Marty
Bull riding is cool!

Old December 1st 04, 02:17 PM
Mary Malmros

Marty wrote:
[snip]
Try this page: http://ww2.olntv.com/htmlpage.asp?htmlid=4

When and if the "Find a Show" page pops up, enter "World Cup" or "USSA" in
the keyword box and "Anytime" in the "Day" box. I see this Saturday as the
1st day that they'll be showing WC coverage. It's been that way for weeks
now. Can't say what will actually happen.

Marty, you rule. Using that search, I find a lot of listings...kind of
weird, because all of them, right up through the end of January, refer
to the Aspen and Beaver Creek races, but I'm sure they just haven't
caught up with their listings.

The odd thing is that, according to both the Ski Racing TV guide
(http://www.skiracing.com/tv_guide/) and Zap2It.com, NBC is going to be
showing the slalom from the Aspen Winternational and the Birds of Prey
DH this weekend. It's possible OLN will be showing the women's GS and
men's SG. It's also a bit odd that there's no reference to who will be
covering the Worlds. I'll tape it all, whatever.

Maybe it's time to look into this TiVo thing...

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old December 1st 04, 07:07 PM
sjjohnston

Here's a little more information about OLN's plans for this year (assuming
the link works):

http://www.skiracing.com/profiles/ne...file.php/1991/

Old December 1st 04, 07:17 PM
Mary Malmros

sjjohnston wrote:

Here's a little more information about OLN's plans for this year (assuming
the link works):

http://www.skiracing.com/profiles/ne...file.php/1991/

"Bode on the Bus". I love it.

You know, when I first read the "breadth of winter sports" stuff in that
interview, I kind of cringed, imagining two hours of fluff a la the ESPN
coverage of the Hahnenkamm. But stuff like "Bode on the Bus", and
peripheral coverage of some other winter sports for added interest,
could be what gets a lot of people watching ski racing. After all, OLN
has been hugely successful at getting a lot of people watching bicycle
racing. I just hope that their efforts will be rewarded. I know
they're not going to get the Olympics, but is there any chance they'd
get a slice of the Worlds this season?

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Letter to Editor Kenneth Salzberg Nordic Skiing 3 April 21st 04 01:47 AM
OLN Coverage Steve Nordic Skiing 2 February 27th 04 04:00 PM
Beckie gets Gold Justin F. Knotzke Nordic Skiing 31 December 24th 03 05:57 PM
OLN Coverage of World Cup? telewhacker Nordic Skiing 3 October 3rd 03 09:31 PM