need help - not your avg binding settings question.

Old February 16th 05, 01:34 AM
Squirrel123

Default need help - not your avg binding settings question.

I ride regular with 30 front 23 degree back
I'm stronger with toe side carves then heal.

1) like many, my boot has forward lean built in and the highback of my
binding is also curved (probably designed with the lean in mind)

If I set the binding with mininum lean
the boot only makes contact mostly with the bottom of the high back.
If I increase the lean to 1 or 2 notches , the boot makes contact with
the middle of the high back but not the top.
If I increase the lean to 3 notches, the boot makes contact with the
top and middle of the high back.

how many notches should I set? I was thinking 3 because that's what
the boot is built for, or should I leave it at two so there's some give
before initiating the turn.

2) should I set the binding so that my boot has equal toe and heel
overhang?
or should I include the heal cup of the binding (the U-shape thing
where the highback sits)? that is , should I set it so I have equal
toe over hang as the heal cup over hangs?
FYI , my boots have the toe part curved up, so there's no real toe drag
problem. I'm just asking because I'm wonder if I need the have some
more heal overhang to get good leverage on heel-side carves.

3) at 30 degree up from , should I turn my high back to the 3rd and 1st
hole so they face the side of the board better?

thanks in advance

thanks.

Old February 16th 05, 05:31 AM
Squirrel123

typo for (3) "at 30degree up froNT"

to clarify, for 3, I have an adjustable high back. the two places where
it attaches to the heal cup has 3 holes.
I ride with 30 degree front and 23 back.
With 30 degree up front, if I use the default 2nd and 2nd hole, the
highback is at a 30 angle to the side of the board.
however, if I use the 3rd and 1st hole the high back will be at a
smaller angle to the side of the board.
3a) I was wondering at 30degree should I be using the 3rd and 1st hole
or should I leave it at 2nd and 2nd
3b) also, if I do change to 3rd and 1st, should I do the same to the
rear (which is only 23 degree)