Best BC touring gear for kids?

Old December 4th 07, 08:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry

Default Best BC touring gear for kids?

I'm looking for on-off track touring gear for my 9 and 11 year olds
and I'm disappointed at what I see. I hate to give up on the 75 mm
standard since it would allow more flexibilty getting into tele as
they get older but there are so few choices for leather or leather and
fabric 75 mm boots - everything is NNN out there. My older girl is in
adult sizes so there are a few more options but for younger kids all I
can find are Alpina Blazer JRs, which I think are crap after renting
them numerous times. It's been a long, slow death for 75 mm but I hate
to give up. I like the reliability of 75 mm, the option to move up to
light plastic boots for turns and the fact that we can interchange
gear if we're all on it. Anyone know of places to get good light to
moderate 75 mm boots anymore?