Your question on waxing

Old December 26th 04, 05:11 AM
sherwindu

Default Your question on waxing

Next time, don't bother us with a lot of questions, if all you want is a
reference to a
'book'.

Sherwin D.

Old December 26th 04, 06:24 AM
Gene Goldenfeld

What is the "bother" and who is the "us?" Your comment misses the
spirit of welcome and discussion on rsn. It also misread the intent of
the questions included in original post; i.e., not to be directly
answered, but examples of questions that a book or other source would
speak to -- which was subsequently provided.

Gene

Old December 26th 04, 03:03 PM
Jim Flom

"Gene Goldenfeld" wrote in message
What is the "bother" and who is the "us?" Your comment misses the
spirit of welcome and discussion on rsn. It also misread the intent of
the questions included in original post; i.e., not to be directly
answered, but examples of questions that a book or other source would
speak to -- which was subsequently provided.

Sherwin got coal in his stocking and he's a bit bitter about it.

Old December 26th 04, 07:07 PM
sherwindu

Hi Jim,
I apologize for coming on so strong. I really intended the message to go
to just to
Jeff, but it somehow got on the board instead. My initial gripe was that I
took some
time out to answer his question and he reacted as if it was no help to him,
and the
pointer to a comprehensive web site was all he wanted. He should have just
said
that, and saved me time responding. In retrospect, it was kind of a petty
complaint.

Sherwin D.

Old December 26th 04, 08:47 PM
Wile E. Coyote

I don't understand what Sherwin was upset about, but I do appreciate his
response to my original post. I should have been more specific, as I was
actually looking for performance-oriented waxing info, which several people
provided links to. So, thanks again to Sherwin, and also to the other
respondents, and if you're ever out west (Colorado), look me up and we'll go
skiing somewhere.

Happy new year, and happy trails,

-Jeff

Old December 27th 04, 09:59 AM
Andrew Bolger

Jim Flom wrote:

"Gene Goldenfeld" wrote in message
What is the "bother" and who is the "us?" Your comment misses the
spirit of welcome and discussion on rsn. It also misread the intent

of
the questions included in original post; i.e., not to be directly
answered, but examples of questions that a book or other source would
speak to -- which was subsequently provided.

Sherwin got coal in his stocking and he's a bit bitter about it.

Well I found the waxing hints helpful, so thanks to those who made them.
I stride because I can't skate but I'd like to, if a: the conditions were
right and b I could work out how to for more than 100 yards!
But I did get out on the snow on Xmas Day
Andy Bolger Buxton England