mounting point of telebindings

Old November 25th 03, 04:28 PM
Ulrich Hausmann

lac.stanford.edu wrote:

[...]
[1]- If you do a good job filling the holes, a redrilled ski is
just as strong as the original, just a tiny bit
heavier. Re-drilling is mostly a blow to your ego, not your skis.
If you ski enough, you realize that even the burliest skis only
have 100 days or so in them. Better to experiment on these skis
to get it right for the next pair.

yep. But skis are (and will be) different. I don't think the next skis
will be the same as this ones anyway. Evolution is going on.

And yes, you're right. Me, in one season (normally between 50 - 70 ski
days) i wear out a pair - that's good then in the new season for the
stones (on start of the season and in bad conditions).

Thanks a lot for all advice (if you're interested i can try to tell how
a midfat feels with telebulldog).

Greetings,

Ulrich

--
reply to: uhausmannATbluemailDOTch

Old November 26th 03, 12:34 AM

Old November 26th 03, 01:35 AM
pinnah

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:34:09 +0000 (UTC),
bbense+rec.skiing.backcountry.Nov.25.03@telemark. slac.stanford.edu
wrote:
_ I think everybody would be interested[1]. What occurred to me as I
was looking at the telebulldog web page is that it would be
possible to retrofit the thing to have an AT-like climbing mode.
It's got a pivot right at the toe anyway. In my experiments with
AT gear last season I was very impressed with how easy climbing
is in AT gear. Even NNN/BC is feels a bit stiff after climbing
with AT bindings.

I'm not too sold on the concept of adding an AT style pivot under
a nordic binding. I don't want to have to lock/unlock anything and
if I do, I might as well lock at the heel.

To me, the beauty and sole (ahem) purpose of pins or system bindings
is the balance between striding and turning efficiency. AT picks up
gains on both ends at the price of more futzing.

[1]- i.e. you, me and the couple other old farts that can't
stand telemarktips forum interface...

Heh.

Dave Mann
Old November 26th 03, 05:43 AM
Ulrich Hausmann

lac.stanford.edu wrote:

_ I think everybody would be interested[1]. What occurred to me as I
was looking at the telebulldog web page is that it would be
possible to retrofit the thing to have an AT-like climbing mode.
It's got a pivot right at the toe anyway. In my experiments with
AT gear last season I was very impressed with how easy climbing
is in AT gear. Even NNN/BC is feels a bit stiff after climbing
with AT bindings.

i'm with you on the AT climbing mode: Last year i tried a Trab Freerando
with Silvretta Easy Go (http://www.martin-eckart.gmxhome.de/) and
Rottefella from a friend of mine. I was enthusiastic for the easy going.
This year, when the adapter will be available (they say before
christmas) i'll mount it on a Stormrider XT (the Stoeckli ultralight
touring ski) for ascensions and long backcountry touring.

I can also tell about experiences with.

Best wishes,

Ulrich

--
reply to: uhausmannATbluemailDOTch

Old November 26th 03, 11:35 AM
Florian Anwander

Hi Booker

In my experiments with
AT gear last season I was very impressed with how easy climbing
is in AT gear. Even NNN/BC is feels a bit stiff after climbing
with AT bindings.

As Ulrich already mentioned: the Silvretta Telemark-Easygo is the gearr
you dream of. It is really perfect. I tested it last season one day and
wanted to buy it immediately, but unfortunately they were sold out.
While the "easy going" is fine, to my opinion the real advantage is the
possiblity to fix a crampon in a way that it raises with the shoe.

I ordered mine last week.

Florian

--
fuer email bitte "fanwander at mnet minus online punkt de" nutzen
for email replies please use "fanwander at mnet minus online dot de"

Old November 26th 03, 03:31 PM

Old November 26th 03, 04:02 PM
Ulrich Hausmann

lac.stanford.edu wrote:

_ Where? I've been using Silveretta 500's and I'm pretty
impressed with the whole climbing bar/lock system. I wanted
the Telemark-Easygo the minute I saw it.

i know it's overseas but (OTOH i got my Telebulldog also by overseas
order, so what?):

www.sport-conrad.de
www.doschauher.de
www.telemarkbibel.de
http://www.leicht.li/product_info.ph...c4fadb673b2542

eventually you have to ricompose the link.

This time, you have a bad exchange. But before, for years it was vice
versa, so it's a little bit of justice, isn't it? ;-))

Best wishes,

Ulrich

--
reply to: uhausmannATbluemailDOTch

Old November 26th 03, 04:04 PM
Ulrich Hausmann

Ulrich Hausmann wrote:

i know it's overseas but (OTOH i got my Telebulldog also by overseas
order, so what?):

www.sport-conrad.de
www.doschauher.de
www.telemarkbibel.de
http://www.leicht.li/product_info.ph...c4fadb673b2542

eventually you have to ricompose the link.

This time, you have a bad exchange. But before, for years it was vice
versa, so it's a little bit of justice, isn't it? ;-))

i forgot this:
http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/Sil...Riser-2003.htm

May be it's easier for you (because of the language).

Good luck,

Ulrich
--
reply to: uhausmannATbluemailDOTch

Old November 28th 03, 12:30 PM
Florian Anwander

Hi Booker

_ Where? I've been using Silveretta 500's and I'm pretty
impressed with the whole climbing bar/lock system. I wanted
the Telemark-Easygo the minute I saw it.

Ok, its unfair, because I live in Munich and I have three distributing
shops in a circle of 40 kilometers around. I could order with fax at
Sport Conrad (www.sport-conrad.de), but I did not find it on the web-shop.

I think the best internet shop is telemark-pyrenees.

But beside this the Tele EasyGo is distributed by Salewa-Sports (they
own and distribute the Silvretta Company; Salewa again is a company of
the Benetton group). So every shop where you can buy a Silvretta binding
should be able to order a Tele EasyGo.

Florian