Wide board (if I have to) question

Old October 4th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
chuck

Default Wide board (if I have to) question

On 2007-10-04, Switters wrote:
I did a (tiny) bit of research over my lunch break to see what wide boards
were out there, for normal length boards around the 160cm mark.

Burton don't seem to have anything over 26cm, and their site is a
nightmare if you don't have a fast line.

Salamon - Asides from having to navigate another awful flash-based web-
site, which doesn't actually fit my browser properly, I had to
individually hover over each board in order to see something about them,
before finally hiting on the Patrol, advertised for big feet. But again,
only 26.2cm.

Donek are still doing the trusty Wide and Sasquatch versions, which is
great news. If only they did a fat nosed powder board, I'd be well happy.
By far the cleanest web-site and so easy to get to the specs and compare
the range. Plus there's the Phoenix 163W which sits between the Wide and
Sasq, at least in terms of width.

Prior don't have much wider than 26cm. The only one being the 168XW
Freeride board at 27cm. Not what I would call Xtra-Wide, and way too long
for my liking.

If I had to buy something right now, based on that research, it would have
to be another Donek Sasquatch.

Clearly there just isn't the market for wide boards. Most people don't
snowboard properly anyway and go from one skid to the next, and that's
where the money is. I bet the sales figures on the Sasquatch are minimal.

I really loved my 166W Nitro Pantera from last year. Too bad somebody
stole it. Now I'm thinking either another one of those or a Donek
Pheonix 163W. I couldn't find the specs on the Burton Custom Wide. Knowing
Burton boards from past experience, they probably consider 25.9 as a
wide board.

do i really need a wide board peacepipe Snowboarding 6 December 29th 05 09:20 PM
big feet == wide board? nobody Snowboarding 5 November 28th 05 06:00 PM
Do I need a wide board? JD Snowboarding 14 January 4th 05 12:09 PM
wide board jhb Snowboarding 8 March 24th 04 01:08 AM
Wide-board or NO? Mate Snowboarding 7 November 21st 03 03:00 PM