Groomer

Old February 19th 04, 02:25 PM
Barney

Default Groomer

What's a groomer?

Old February 19th 04, 03:02 PM
Keith

"Barney" wrote in message
What's a groomer?

A groomed (pisted) piste, as I understand it.

Keith

Old February 19th 04, 03:18 PM
David Brown :o\)

A groomed piste.

Old February 19th 04, 04:59 PM
Fleaman

Its a machine that looks kinda like a bulldozer with 4' wide tracks that
flattens moguls, bumps and tills the snow on ski hills not unlike a farmer
does to his fields. It leaves behind a nice corduroy texture that begs to
be ripped up by my Coiler PR. Here is a link to groomer manufacturers
websites. http://home.twcny.rr.com/snowgroomer...linkslinks.htm

Bombardier, Kassborer, Prinoth and LMC are the most popular ski area
groomers.

Hope this helps

cya
Jason
"David Brown )" wrote in message
A groomed piste.

Old February 19th 04, 10:38 PM
Mike T

Its a machine that looks kinda like a bulldozer with 4' wide tracks
that
flattens moguls, bumps and tills the snow on ski hills not unlike a

farmer
does to his fields. It leaves behind a nice corduroy texture that

begs to
be ripped up by my Coiler PR.

Couldn't have said it better, right down to the choice of board!

Mike T

Old February 20th 04, 08:46 AM
David Brown :o\)

"Mike T" wrote in message
Couldn't have said it better, right down to the choice of board!

Mike T

But is generally used to describe a grromed piste as in here :

"Mike T" wrote in message
I have the Axis 172, and I ride it pretty much everywhere I ride a
freeride board - groomers of course, but also steeps, moguls, powder,
and even the terrain park now and again. As far as true alpines... I
currently have a Coiler PR 184.

unless you ride on grooming machines ;o)

--
David Brown )
http://kitemap.co.uk/stack

Old February 20th 04, 10:26 AM
Jeff

"Mike T" wrote in message
I have the Axis 172, and I ride it pretty much everywhere I ride a
freeride board - groomers of course, but also steeps, moguls, powder,
and even the terrain park now and again. As far as true alpines... I
currently have a Coiler PR 184.

unless you ride on grooming machines ;o)

--
David Brown )
http://kitemap.co.uk/stack

So whats a Grom then?, I've heard of snowboarders refered to as groms.

It sounds like some sort of insult, is it?

Jeff

Old February 20th 04, 12:04 PM
David Brown :o\)

According to http://www.kiddmillennium.com/MAO1.htm

Grommets or groms: young snowboard enthusiasts

Never heard the expression myself, even from my children.

--
David Brown )
http://kitemap.co.uk/stack

Old February 20th 04, 12:45 PM
Edmunde Lee

"Keith" wrote in message ...
"Barney" wrote in message
What's a groomer?

A groomed (pisted) piste, as I understand it.

Keith

As with most english words/slang, there are different meanings
depending on the context.

If one said, "I just stuck to the groomers all day.." Groomer:
defines a run/slope that is frequently "groomed", by a , uh, groomer.
Some runs are never groomed, for various reasons...

If one said, "My grandmother was run over by a groomer.." Groomer:
defines the tracked vehicle that, uh, grooms the slopes.

Sounds like we have both definitions clearly defined.
Old February 20th 04, 01:18 PM
Barney

"Edmunde Lee" wrote in message
om...
"Keith" wrote in message

"Barney" wrote in message
What's a groomer?

A groomed (pisted) piste, as I understand it.

Keith

As with most english words/slang, there are different meanings
depending on the context.

If one said, "I just stuck to the groomers all day.." Groomer:
defines a run/slope that is frequently "groomed", by a , uh, groomer.
Some runs are never groomed, for various reasons...

If one said, "My grandmother was run over by a groomer.." Groomer:
defines the tracked vehicle that, uh, grooms the slopes.

Sounds like we have both definitions clearly defined.

Yup. Cheers, guys.