Trip report - Snow Summit - 12/2/10

Old December 5th 10, 06:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Trip report - Snow Summit - 12/2/10

On Dec 5, 8:00*am, pigo wrote:
On Dec 4, 11:32*pm, The Real Bev wrote:

Where can you get that thin foam that allows air into your goggles? *I
just noticed that the stuff on my favorite goggles is all gone. *I tried
duct tape just to close off the draft on previous goggles, but the tape
doesn't stick well.

At that point I figure it's time for new (gasp!) goggles. Long before
that foam disappears it deteriorates and let's in wind. Especially if
you're reaching 50 mph!

If the sun is shining, usually just wear my normal sunglasses. If
it's not shining, why would I go to Snow Summit?
Old December 5th 10, 06:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

lal_truckee wrote:
On 12/4/10 10:32 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

Where can you get that thin foam that allows air into your goggles? I
just noticed that the stuff on my favorite goggles is all gone. I
tried duct tape just to close off the draft on previous goggles, but
the tape doesn't stick well.

I got some from Tognar http://www.tognar.com/index.html years ago. I
don't see it any more at a quick glance but you can dig deeper or
telephone.
I used spray glue with stencil-like paper maskings to control the
spray. It worked well and lasted another season allowing me to wait til
end-of-season sales to replace the goggles.

I just keep a couple goggles ahead for $3 at the thrift shops.

Old December 5th 10, 09:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 22:32:43 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Coffee and junk food from home. I bought a couple of Advil for a buck
when I broke my ribs there, and I bought a candy bar once when I forgot
to bring my lunch. Resort food just isn't worth it.

You've never been the Stein Eriksen Lodge, have you?

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
Old December 5th 10, 09:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 12/05/2010 12:44 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 12/05/10 08:00, pigo wrote:

On Dec 4, 11:32 pm, The Real wrote:

Where can you get that thin foam that allows air into your goggles? I
just noticed that the stuff on my favorite goggles is all gone. I tried
duct tape just to close off the draft on previous goggles, but the tape
doesn't stick well.

At that point I figure it's time for new (gasp!) goggles. Long before
that foam disappears it deteriorates and let's in wind. Especially if
you're reaching 50 mph!

I wondered why my eyes were feeling a bit chilly last time. There was
foam there when I started. Hmmmm.

But you forget -- I buy mine used for a buck or two. People generally
get rid of them when the foam goes, even if the rest is virtually
pristine :-(

I have some gaffer tape now (Thanks, Spawn!). Maybe that will work better.

No, it won't. Gaffer tape is, AFAIK, black duct tape and no more.
Old December 5th 10, 10:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

wrote this crap:

Coffee and junk food from home. *I bought a couple of Advil for a buck
when I broke my ribs there, and I bought a candy bar once when I forgot
to bring my lunch. *Resort food just isn't worth it.

You've never been the Stein Eriksen Lodge, have you?

I have. Fifty times or so. Have a ceremonial hot chocolate there,
sing with the musician, hang with the rich folks. Best on mountain
bar in skiing.
Last year after we humiliated Brain Fried Bob when he didn't have the
nads to show up with three months notice, we skied to Stein's and
laughed at all of you freaks, especially him. A great time was had by
all.
Funny I never run into you.
Oooops, forgot. You don't ski.
Old December 5th 10, 10:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On 12/05/10 08:00, pigo wrote:

[...]

Hey, that stuff works great to cover up problems. Bev can wear it
like a mummy, and nobody will run off the hill screaming having seen a
monkey head on a human body.
Old December 6th 10, 03:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

wrote this crap:

Coffee and junk food from home. *I bought a couple of Advil for a buck
when I broke my ribs there, and I bought a candy bar once when I forgot
to bring my lunch. *Resort food just isn't worth it.

You've never been the Stein Eriksen Lodge, have you?

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. *Repeal the nightmares.

Merry Christmas everyone. *God bless us all.

That was my opinion of Deer Valley food: expensive like other
reosrts, but actually worth it.
Old December 6th 10, 05:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

The Real Bev wrote:
On 12/05/10 20:11, Richard Henry wrote:

On Dec 5, 7:51 pm, The Real wrote:
On 12/05/10 19:27, Richard Henry wrote:
On Dec 5, 1:32 pm, wrote:
wrote this crap:

Coffee and junk food from home. I bought a couple of Advil
for a buck when I broke my ribs there, and I bought a candy
bar once when I forgot to bring my lunch. Resort food just
isn't worth it. You've never been the Stein Eriksen Lodge, have you?

Nope. I don't do buildings. Or be buildings. I'm more of a
person-type person.

That was my opinion of Deer Valley food: expensive like other
reosrts, but actually worth it.

Expensive food is only worth it when you can put it on your expense
account. In N Out food, au contraire, is ALWAYS worth it!

It's raining now. WOOHOO!

My ski backpack usually includes a sandwich, chocolates, cheese and
crackers. What else does man need?

It's maybe 200 feet from the ticket windows to my car. Easier to walk
than carry stuff in a backpack. OTOH, my skis are really heavy and I
don't feel comfy leaving them. AND the walk to and from the car may
have contributed to my early tiredness. Maybe I will dig out a small
backpack. And put a neckstrap on the little Canon A400, which seems
to do whatever is needed and was $5 at a yardsale.

I carry a cable lock for the skis or board, and the pack for lunch. Stevens Pass
is still good enough to provide a microwave and hot water, so lunch is usually
quite good.

Old December 6th 10, 06:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

* *On Dec 5, 1:32 pm, wrote:
* * * *wrote this crap:

[...]

quite good.- Hide quoted text -

You ski Stevens, eh? Biggest asshole quotient in the state. You
belong there.
Old December 6th 10, 11:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 19:51:45 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

You've never been to the Stein Eriksen Lodge, have you?

Nope. I don't do buildings. Or be buildings. I'm more of a
person-type person.

That was my opinion of Deer Valley food: expensive like other
reosrts, but actually worth it.

Expensive food is only worth it when you can put it on your expense
account. In N Out food, au contraire, is ALWAYS worth it!

Expensive food is worth it when you can afford it. I don't cook. I
prefer to eat at expensive restaurants like Hooters.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.

Just another day in Paradise (Snow Summit) The Real Bev[_7_] Alpine Skiing 2 March 12th 10 11:44 PM
EOY Trip Report helibrdr Alpine Skiing 0 April 25th 08 02:18 PM
SUGGESTIONS NEEDED FOR SUMMIT CO SKI TRIP IN FEB skiwithlove Alpine Skiing 1 February 2nd 08 06:28 PM
Big Bear/Snow Summit conditions Adam North American Ski Resorts 0 January 9th 07 10:46 PM