Would someone please...

Old October 23rd 03, 01:19 AM
Joe Canuck

Default Would someone please...

ant wrote:
Can one of you americans please ring the white house and get them too call
off these bloody aeroplanes? There's been one patrolling right over my house
all night and it's still at it. Bush is down in the US embassy, it's in
Yarrowlumla the suburb, not Yarrowlumla the Shire! They've got mixed up,
evidently. There's only a few kms in it, and I can see how they'd get
confused, but it's getting really annoying. There are no terr'rists here.
Just farmers.

thanks!

ant

Right, whatchagot in that BIG barn???

And those genetically modified crops... that is entirely another matter.
Gonna poison the nation or worse... we'll all be growing tails!

;-)

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Old October 23rd 03, 02:21 AM
Richard Henry

"ant" wrote in message
Vern93 wrote:
In article ,
"ant" wrote:

Can one of you americans please ring the white house and get them
too call off these bloody aeroplanes?

Ant, we can't really ground the whole fleet just like that. Write
down the tail numbers of the worse offenders and I'll see what I can
do.

I can't see them! The sneaky buggers are too high up. I think they are
Fightin' Planes. Noisy though.

There was a huge plane on the tarmac at the airport last night as I drove
past, with a dark grey top and dark blue bottom. Thought it was the
President's plane, but later heard he flew in around 10pm. Must have been
his stuff in that one. I shall drive down for a look today, the President
Planes are usually quite interesting, with President Picture on the side

and
everything.
When Clinton came (har har), they sent ahead couple of monster huge grey
planes loaded up with special vehicles. But he was staying a lot longer.
Bush is just popping in on his way back from the Asean meeting. He's
visiting the Governer General right now.

The huge plane usually flies ahead to carry the armored limo for the big guy
and Chevy Suburbans for the Secret Service. I'm not sure which car carries
the football.

Old October 23rd 03, 02:22 AM
Richard Henry

"ant" wrote in message
Inger Skramstad Jørstad wrote:

Just got a call from your mate Dave, but sorry, no can do. We still
have a war against the New Zealand terrorists to win, you see.

They're not the Terr'rsts! That's just The Haka, they always do that. Just
glare at them and they stop.

See
you in the slopes somewhere
Best regards, George W.

Judging by the fuss and disruption, it'd be a terrible thing if Bush went
skiing.

He's a rich Texan, so he will only ski at Vail.

Old October 23rd 03, 08:16 PM
Dave Stallard

ant wrote:

Vern93 wrote:
In article ,
"ant" wrote:

Can one of you americans please ring the white house and get them
too call off these bloody aeroplanes?

Ant, we can't really ground the whole fleet just like that. Write
down the tail numbers of the worse offenders and I'll see what I can
do.

I can't see them! The sneaky buggers are too high up. I think they are
Fightin' Planes. Noisy though.

Then how do you know they are Merikun? How dare you falsely accuse us
without evidence?

Were these jets or propeller planes?

There was a huge plane on the tarmac at the airport last night as I drove
past, with a dark grey top and dark blue bottom. Thought it was the
President's plane, but later heard he flew in around 10pm. Must have been
his stuff in that one. I shall drive down for a look today, the President
Planes are usually quite interesting, with President Picture on the side and
everything.

That doesn't sound like Air Force One's colors. But whenever the
president travels, there's a substantial fleet of cargo planes carrying
stuff he needs, like his cars and communication gear. Plus other
passenger planes probably carrying staff and journalists that can't be
accomodated on Air Force One. Plus a backup plane (or two) for Air
Force One itself. Even when Clinton took a vacation on Martha Vineyard,
they flew in a C-130 ahead of time with lots of stuff.

Air Force One (the President's plane) is a 747 with the lettering
"United States of America" along the side. It's predominantly blue and
white, and very inspiring to gaze upon if you're Merikun. A C-17 is a
large cargo jet, usually olive drab, with sinister droopy wings. A C-5
is an even larger cargo jet, the largest US plane of all, though now
rather dated. A C-130 is a medium large propeller-driven plane. There's
also the C-140, another workhouse cargo jet.

I used to lie on my back in the yard when I was a kid, watching fleets
of cargo planes flying overhead. Guess where.

Dave
Old October 23rd 03, 09:03 PM
lal_truckee

Dave Stallard wrote:
ant wrote:

Vern93 wrote:

In article ,
"ant" wrote:

[...]

Yeah.

But I think the SOBs should fly commercial, on a ticket. Several
benefits - 1, we'd stop breeding an aristocracy, 2, the SOBs will make
sure air travel is safe for all of us, 3) we'll get a real handle on
boondoggle costs, 4, we can make the SOBs pay for their non-official trips.

I'm sure you can think of some others.

Old October 23rd 03, 10:25 PM
Dave Stallard

ant wrote:

There was a huge plane on the tarmac at the airport last night as I drove
past, with a dark grey top and dark blue bottom. Thought it was the
President's plane, but later heard he flew in around 10pm. Must have been
his stuff in that one. I shall drive down for a look today, the President
Planes are usually quite interesting, with President Picture on the side and
everything.

Here, for your future reference, is a picture of our glorious
Presidential Aircraft:

http://www.af.mil/photos/images/specduty_af1_0002.jpg

Doesn't it make you want to become an American?

Dave

Vail: Visit us before we visit you.