Help pick my new skiis

Old October 22nd 03, 10:22 AM
MoonMan

Default 170cm is okay? Slaloms

In , ant typed:
MoonMan wrote:

I use some second hand Laser SC's for training, (Plastic kills skis)
and when i change to the 3v's for a race or for snow the first turn
always gives me a shock, the difference in grip is unbelievable! mind
you at 16st 7lb I suspect am a bit heavy for the 168's though not
the 3v's.

The 3Vs have more grip than the stocklis? That sounds odd. Must be a
VERY 2nd hand pair of Lasers. We are investigating some of that
Dendrix Dry slope stuff here, for a little ski area close to
Canberra. It gets snowfall, but it's variable. the idea is to have
snowmaking, and use Dendrix for off-season. It's rarely-heard-of here
in Australia.

The lasers are much softer than the 3Vs and tend to "flap around" much more,
I tried some (actually the pair I have now when they where new) before I
bought the 3Vs and the increased grip is what decided me on the 3Vs even
though they where apreciably more expensive.

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old October 22nd 03, 10:41 PM
ant

MoonMan wrote:
The lasers are much softer than the 3Vs and tend to "flap around"
much more, I tried some (actually the pair I have now when they where
new) before I bought the 3Vs and the increased grip is what decided
me on the 3Vs even though they where apreciably more expensive.

That's different to the experience of most here! Stockli are known for their
grippy skis in particular, Salomon for their soft skis. I don't even bother
with the race Stocklis because I reckon they're too much like hard work for
all mountain skiing and go for the bludgier, softer skis.

ant

Old October 23rd 03, 08:59 AM
MoonMan

In , ant typed:
MoonMan wrote:
The lasers are much softer than the 3Vs and tend to "flap around"
much more, I tried some (actually the pair I have now when they where
new) before I bought the 3Vs and the increased grip is what decided
me on the 3Vs even though they where apreciably more expensive.

That's different to the experience of most here! Stockli are known
for their grippy skis in particular, Salomon for their soft skis. I
don't even bother with the race Stocklis because I reckon they're too
much like hard work for all mountain skiing and go for the bludgier,
softer skis.

are you talking about the silver or the yellow stocklis?
The Silver Stockli's are grippier than Crossmaxes and I suspect equipe 8 3Vs
but not the equipe 10 3Vs

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old October 24th 03, 12:19 AM
ant

MoonMan wrote:
are you talking about the silver or the yellow stocklis?
The Silver Stockli's are grippier than Crossmaxes and I suspect
equipe 8 3Vs but not the equipe 10 3Vs

they keep changing the colours. The Lazer slaoms were yellow for a couple of
years, now they're silver and maroon. The SCs were silver grey I think
(where's my brouchere), hmm, they still are. The GS's now are silver and
yellow. How's that for confusing?

My Spirit pros are all pearlized silver, same sidecut/mould as the SC, but
an all mountain ski. They are so grippy, I feel a bit ashamed for cheating!
It's the one thing everyone comments on here about Stoeckli, the grippy
feeling they have, like claws.

ant