Helmets & body armor

Old March 8th 05, 10:03 AM

Default Helmets & body armor

I think hitting rocks & trees hurts a great deal less when wearing
protection like helmets and body armor. Do you disagree?

Old March 8th 05, 11:47 AM
Gangrene Lantern

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 03:03:26 -0800, evomessias wrote:

I think hitting rocks & trees hurts a great deal less when wearing
protection like helmets and body armor. Do you disagree?

No, that sounds pretty correct, the body armor is also a big help in
contact skiing on those busy green dot runs. You can leave trail of yard
sales and mayhem with very little pain to yourself.

Old March 9th 05, 04:11 AM
The Real Bev

Gangrene Lantern wrote:

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 03:03:26 -0800, evomessias wrote:

I think hitting rocks & trees hurts a great deal less when wearing
protection like helmets and body armor. Do you disagree?

No, that sounds pretty correct, the body armor is also a big help in
contact skiing on those busy green dot runs. You can leave trail of yard
sales and mayhem with very little pain to yourself.

Late last night on NPR I heard Barbara Budd or the other Canadian woman
interviewing the Norwegian Skijumping-Into-Trees Champion. Apparently
the idea is to get as much height as possible so that when you hit the
tree it's small and bendy and doesn't hurt as much as if you hit the
thing much lower down. I only heard part of the interview, so I don't
know how much body armor the guy wore or how many people do it.

The guy sounded serious. Or seriously nuts. I thought only the Brits
went in for odd sports like that...

--
Cheers, Bev
"I believe that forgiving [terrorists] is God's function.
Old March 9th 05, 12:34 PM
Mary Malmros

The Real Bev wrote:

Gangrene Lantern wrote:

[...]

Oh hell no. You remember how they brought the torch into the stadium at
Lillehammer, right?

http://www.olympic.org/uk/games/past...T=2&OLGY=1994# in
case you missed it the first time around.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Helmets! Champ Snowboarding 25 January 14th 05 03:39 AM
Body Transformations Jon F Nordic Skiing 6 November 9th 04 04:03 PM
A quick thanks to all Lisa Horton Alpine Skiing 12 May 6th 04 04:31 PM
Helmets - any available with soft padding? Henry Snowboarding 8 February 26th 04 12:54 PM
Hockey player's body found after 14 years Beloved Leader Snowboarding 2 July 23rd 03 08:49 AM