A good (?) idea that got away

Old August 21st 10, 09:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default A good (?) idea that got away

Over 30 years ago I had an idea to make a backpack in which a bicycle
wheel wpould carry most of the weight, with travois or rickshaw-like
rails up to the hiker's shoulders. Apparently someone has almost done
that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyJNM...eature=related

Note the obski attachment for snowy conditions.
Old August 22nd 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 02:41:40 -0700 (PDT), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

Over 30 years ago I had an idea to make a backpack in which a bicycle
wheel wpould carry most of the weight, with travois or rickshaw-like
rails up to the hiker's shoulders. Apparently someone has almost done
that:

Apparently you never heard of llamas. But using pack animals requires
leadership.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old August 22nd 10, 08:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

wrote this crap:

Over 30 years ago I had an idea to make a backpack in which a bicycle
wheel wpould carry most of the weight, with travois or rickshaw-like
rails up to the hiker's shoulders. *Apparently someone has almost done
that:

Apparently you never heard of llamas. *But using pack animals requires
leadership.

Horvath, I have no doubt that Llamas consider you a leader, especially
when you lead them up to the stool you use so you're tall enough for
Llama Love.
Spit happens.
Old August 22nd 10, 11:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 8/21/10 2:41 AM, Richard Henry wrote:
Over 30 years ago I had an idea to make a backpack in which a bicycle
wheel wpould carry most of the weight, with travois or rickshaw-like
rails up to the hiker's shoulders. Apparently someone has almost done
that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyJNM...eature=related

Wheel's not turning at all so what he's really got is a pulk except the
guy's carrying half the weight defeating the purpose.
http://www.skipulk.com/
Old August 23rd 10, 12:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

Over 30 years ago I had an idea to make a backpack in which a bicycle
wheel wpould carry most of the weight, with travois or rickshaw-like
rails up to the hiker's shoulders. *Apparently someone has almost done
that:

Apparently you never heard of llamas. *But using pack animals requires
leadership.

Horvath, I have no doubt that Llamas consider you a leader, especially
when you lead them up to the stool you use so you're tall enough for
Llama Love.
Spit happens.

I have no doubt that if you had llamas you would try to have sex with
them. That's followership. They would own you.

Old August 23rd 10, 04:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

lal_truckee wrote:
On 8/21/10 2:41 AM, Richard Henry wrote:
Over 30 years ago I had an idea to make a backpack in which a bicycle
wheel wpould carry most of the weight, with travois or rickshaw-like
rails up to the hiker's shoulders. Apparently someone has almost
done that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyJNM...eature=related

Wheel's not turning at all so what he's really got is a pulk except
the guy's carrying half the weight defeating the purpose.
http://www.skipulk.com/

Wheel's not turning because it has a ski mounted on it.

Old August 23rd 10, 04:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

Over 30 years ago I had an idea to make a backpack in which a bicycle
wheel wpould carry most of the weight, with travois or rickshaw-like
rails up to the hiker's shoulders. *Apparently someone has almost done
that:

Apparently you never heard of llamas. *But using pack animals requires
leadership.

Horvath, I have no doubt that Llamas consider you a leader, especially
when you lead them up to the stool you use so you're tall enough for
Llama Love.
Spit happens.

I have no doubt that if you had llamas you would try to have sex with
them. *That's followership. *They would own you.

Horvie, Horvie. YOU are the dumb**** who bragged about his ability to
lead Llamas, not me.
One thing for su llamas have bigger balls than you. More manhood.
Don't hide their identity. Don't spew crap on the net while hiding
behind their computer.
How's it feel to be less of a man than a llama?
And you're too stupid to know the origin of Spit Happens. You
probably think it refers to what you do when Bubba finishes, right?
Hey, Teddy? Feel free to jump in here and give Horvie some pointers
on Llama Love. Given all the time you spend on their home turf, I am
sure you are an expert.
Old August 27th 10, 01:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 08/22/2010 07:18 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 8/21/10 2:41 AM, Richard Henry wrote:
Over 30 years ago I had an idea to make a backpack in which a bicycle
wheel wpould carry most of the weight, with travois or rickshaw-like
rails up to the hiker's shoulders. Apparently someone has almost done
that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyJNM...eature=related

Wheel's not turning at all so what he's really got is a pulk except the
guy's carrying half the weight defeating the purpose.
http://www.skipulk.com/

The wheel's not turning because he took a "summer" idea
and made it a winter one by adding the ski. Yeah, half
the weight IS on his shoulders but he is using one device
for multiple seasons.

For serious winter campers brrrr a pulk is the
right device.

However, I might add that this roller pack might be
a better winter device in winter in hilly country with
lots of trees, close together, as we have around here.
It's a whole lot shorter than a skier with a pulk.
Much more maneuverable.