SO who will be first to open?

Old October 10th 10, 07:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

Default SO who will be first to open?

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 22:44:35 -1000, Ted Waldron
wrote:

In article ,
"Stuart" wrote:

We usually get going the 1st week of Nov at Lake Louise...4th 5th somewhere
in there most years...

Problems with Louise, Sunshine and Banff is that get a Late Oct to Early
Nov snowfall, and then the Chinooks came barreling through and melt most
of it. I always remember that Louise and its backside are not even good
enough for rock skis, but really bad rock skis. (I used to ski the back
side with my rock skis of choise, Kazama Skis with a blown cap, which
is like skiing ready to explode at any moment)

I probably check Sunshine first and see how they are doing before going
to Louise..

Agreed, to me it seemed better to wait for Louise to be in decent
shape
Old October 10th 10, 09:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_5_]

"Ted Waldron" wrote in message

"Stuart" wrote:

We usually get going the 1st week of Nov at Lake Louise...4th 5th
somewhere
in there most years...

Problems with Louise, Sunshine and Banff is that get a Late Oct to
Early
Nov snowfall, and then the Chinooks came barreling through and melt
most
of it. I always remember that Louise and its backside are not even
good
enough for rock skis, but really bad rock skis. (I used to ski the back
side with my rock skis of choise, Kazama Skis with a blown cap, which
is like skiing ready to explode at any moment)

I probably check Sunshine first and see how they are doing before going
to Louise..

Ok I was nit-picking...They make snow on the front of Lake Louise..no
rocks.

They don't make the Chinooks, which is equal opportunity in melting
man made snow and natural snow.

Louise in the early season is primo for rock skis, besides finding
what how much loose shale/mountain marble is on the slopes. Snow
Coverage is always kind of iffy

Sunshine has a better base. Kicking Horse is about the same as Louise.

I found Kicking Horse early season (X-mas) generally pretty good if you stay
on the upper chair. I find it really hard to fathom that KH has almost the
same vertical as Whistler does. The powder up top can be pretty good,
especially the runs to the left of the gondola looking uphill
I agree Louise, and to a lesser extent Sunshine are rock city. Marmot basin
has a whole wallop of new snowmaking right to the top of the old high speed
quad (and maybe more this year), but under the old management the out and
out lied about conditions regularily. So much so you just didn't depend on
their reports ever. One X-mas I made a special trip because they had
upgraded their snow conditions fro "Early season, natural hazards exist" to
"Vastly improved conditions". I guess what they meant was you hit a rock
every second turn instead of hitting two rocks per turn. They shouldn't even
have been open. That all seems to have changed with the new owners, high
speed quad and snowmaking. They are getting better turnouts now too. One of
my faves...

Old October 10th 10, 10:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 11:44:27 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

On Oct 10, 2:57*am, wrote:
On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 21:53:41 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

I'm more interested in who will be the first freak to break the
embargo and call me a child molester, or threaten my life, or claim I
am a convicted felon, etc.

You raped a 17 year old boy.

I did? When and where, you pathetic freak? You pulled that lie right
out of your ass.

Your ass. Child molester.

*Therefore you ARE a child molester.

Say that in person, ppppppuuuuusssssyyyyyy.

I just did, dumbass. rapist.

You've been convicted of DUI multiple times.

Twice. Last one was 26 years ago. I'd love to run YOUR name, but I
don't know what your real name is....

Try, Horvath.

*That makes you a
convicted felon.

On what planet? Misdemeanors, both of them. Outright lie, dumb****.
You folks ran my record enough times, so you know you are lying, as
usual.

LIAR.

* You also admit to carrying a gun in public. *That's
a felony.

It is? Really? On what planet? Planet Horvie? Hey, dumb****, we
are an open carry state.

LIAR.

As I said, never arrested, never charged, never convicted.

*If I don't hunt you down somebody else will.

You won't. You ain't got the balls, pppppppuuuuuussssssyyyyy.

? *That is if
you don't blow your head off yourself. *Did I miss anything? *Only
that you are a liar and a thief. *Go back to the soup kitchen.

Thanks, Horvie. You puked up your insane crap right on cue.

I am the senior military official on this newsgroup. My minions know
where you live. Do us all a favor and shove a gun in your mouth.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old October 10th 10, 11:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

wrote this crap:

I'm more interested in who will be the first freak to break the
embargo and call me a child molester, or threaten my life, or claim I
am a convicted felon, etc.

You raped a 17 year old boy.

I did? *When and where, you pathetic freak? *You pulled that lie right
out of your ass.

Your ass. *Child molester.

PPppppppppuuuusssssyyyyyyy. You ain't even got the balls to use your
real name. How about that when and where stuff, you dickless wimp?

*Therefore you ARE a child molester.

Say that in person, ppppppuuuuusssssyyyyyy.

I just did, dumbass. rapist.

bWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA
You sure talk tough when you are hiding behind your computer,
pppppppuuuuuussssssyyyyyy.

You've been convicted of DUI multiple times.

Twice. *Last one was 26 years ago. *I'd love to run YOUR name, but I
don't know what your real name is....

* Try, Horvath.

More pppppppuuuuuussssssyyyyyy from Pussy Horvath.

*That makes you a
convicted felon.

On what planet? *Misdemeanors, both of them. *Outright lie, dumb****..
You folks ran my record enough times, so you know you are lying, as
usual.

LIAR.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
On what planet, pppppuuuussssssyyyyyyy? One thing for su on every
planet in the universe, you are a pussy.

* You also admit to carrying a gun in public. *That's
a felony.

It is? *Really? *On what planet? *Planet Horvie? *Hey, dumb****, we
are an open carry state.

LIAR.

Show up and find out, pppppuuuuuuusssssyyyyyyy. Oooops, forgot. You
ain't got the nads to spew your **** to my face on Planet Earth.

As I said, never arrested, never charged, never convicted.

*If I don't hunt you down somebody else will.

You won't. *You ain't got the balls, pppppppuuuuuussssssyyyyy.

? *That is if
you don't blow your head off yourself. *Did I miss anything? *Only
that you are a liar and a thief. *Go back to the soup kitchen.

Thanks, Horvie. *You puked up your insane crap right on cue.

I am the senior military official on this newsgroup. *My minions know
where you live. Do us all a favor and shove a gun in your mouth.

Do ME a favor and show up and spew your crap in person. Your military
buddies would bitch slap you if they read this cowardly, dishonorable
bull****, ppppppuuuuuusssssssyyyyyy.
Old October 11th 10, 03:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Oct 9, 10:04*pm, "Stuart" wrote:
We usually get going the 1st week of Nov at Lake Louise...4th 5th somewhere
in there most years...

Loveland has been making snow for over two weeks now and it's been
pretty good snowmaking weather at night. I wouldn't be supprised if
they open up this Friday Oct 15th. But it's more likely that their
opening day will be the 22nd.
Old October 11th 10, 04:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_5_]

"snoig" wrote in message
On Oct 9, 10:04 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
We usually get going the 1st week of Nov at Lake Louise...4th 5th
somewhere
in there most years...

Loveland has been making snow for over two weeks now and it's been
pretty good snowmaking weather at night. I wouldn't be supprised if
they open up this Friday Oct 15th. But it's more likely that their
opening day will be the 22nd.

Wow..I think I drove up thru Loveland Pass? back in 1968-69. If I remember
the road was over 10,000'. We had a carbed brand new Olds Vista wagon with
the 400 engine and we were floored at 40mph. The carb was adjusted for
Ontario elevation. Where is the ski area relative to the Loveland Pass? If I
got it right...

Old October 12th 10, 04:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Oct 11, 10:02*am, "Stuart" wrote:
"snoig" wrote in message

On Oct 9, 10:04 pm, "Stuart" wrote:

We usually get going the 1st week of Nov at Lake Louise...4th 5th
somewhere
in there most years...

Loveland has been making snow for over two weeks now and it's been
pretty good snowmaking weather at night. *I wouldn't be supprised if
they open up this Friday Oct 15th. *But it's more likely that their
opening day will be the 22nd.

Wow..I think I drove up thru Loveland Pass? back in 1968-69. If I remember
the road was over 10,000'. We had a carbed brand new Olds Vista wagon with
the 400 engine and we were floored at 40mph. The carb was adjusted for
Ontario elevation. Where is the ski area relative to the Loveland Pass? If I
got it right...

Loveland pass is 11,990' or 3650 meters for those of you who have
joined with the modern world. You were probably there before the
tunnel went in which was '72 I think. The ski area is right on the
east side of the tunnel. Or, the first switchback on the old road is
the main parking lot.
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&...69351&t=h&z=14

It's been snowing most of the morning today although it's cleared up
now. But it looks like it's still snowing on the peaks.

A-Basin to open hr(bob) [email protected] Alpine Skiing 7 November 7th 08 01:50 AM
Open question klaus Alpine Skiing 14 May 12th 08 12:07 AM
who will open first in VT and when? [email protected] Alpine Skiing 12 November 3rd 05 10:47 AM
RSAM seems to be open H. R. Bob Hofmann Alpine Skiing 8 May 3rd 04 09:08 AM
Big Bear Open Richard Henry Alpine Skiing 1 November 9th 03 02:08 AM