Banff

Old December 18th 03, 06:38 PM
no-one

Default Banff

I have booked for a week in Banff, first trip to N America for ski holiday,
anyone got any things I need to know, places I must try / avoid etc

Old December 18th 03, 07:27 PM
stuart

"no-one" wrote in message
I have booked for a week in Banff, first trip to N America for ski

holiday,
anyone got any things I need to know, places I must try / avoid etc

What would you like to know? There's basically three ski areas nearby. Mt
Norquay, Lake Louise and Sunshine. You renting a car, or using the buses?

Old December 18th 03, 08:02 PM
no-one

Going on a package holiday, so using buses, they OK?

Whats nightlife like?

Which ski areas would you reccomend (1 very good intermediate, 1 low level
intermediate)

Old December 18th 03, 08:38 PM
stuart

"no-one" wrote in message
Going on a package holiday, so using buses, they OK?

Whats nightlife like?

Which ski areas would you reccomend (1 very good intermediate, 1 low level
intermediate)

Night life is pretty good in Banff proper, lots to choose from in terms of
restaurants and pubs. Buses are excellent, actually, they have preference
for loading/unloading everywhere, including the hills. I would suggest you
stick to Lake Louise (about 45 min from Banff) or Sunshine (about 20 min
from Banff) Unless you are an expert skier, I would tend to shy away from Mt
Norquay. You can look all three up on the net and see the two I mentioned
have hepas of great intermediate runs.

Hope this helps.
Native to the Area....

Old December 18th 03, 08:51 PM
no-one

Buses reliable, not too many queues in the morning?

We are staying in centre of Banff, so good for nightlife, get there 17
January, gonna be real cold?

"stuart" wrote in message
newsfoEb.20449$Lu1.8532@edtnps84...