Copper's Snow Report and Used Cars

Old January 21st 04, 02:12 AM
uglymoney

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:39:05 CST, Sam Seiber
wrote:

Chester Bullock wrote:

uglymoney wrote:

Of course. However they could say something like

"sparse cover with rocks, hardpack, 70 inches of snow since Sept. 15,
free tallboys after every run" and still expect a good crowd. I know
I'd think about showing up.

That is one snow report I would love to see, but I don't think it will
happen.

Just like there are very few CO ski areas that will admit to HP (Hard
pack)
conditions. Winter Park, Eldora & Telluride reported such conditions in
this mornings Rocky Mtn News (print edition). Seems to me, I never see
that from the other areas. I understand Keystone this weekend had
HP, but reported PP. Hey kids, if the snow report is just showing
PP, they really mean HP.

Sam

As long as we are concentrating on acronyms, I believe that PP in
Colorado is actually an ingenius spin on SS which means ****y skiing
and sharp skis only.

nate

Old January 21st 04, 02:28 AM
Varanasi Benares

Chester Bullock wrote:

[snippty snip]

Not being honest has got to be costing them money. Maybe
not today. But in the long run people are going to step up and say
"God, I'll never go there again. They lie about their conditions."

BS snow reports make me think that the other things they advertise are
also BS. Having to approach the whole thing warily makes me less
inclined to relax and spend money and, when I have a choice, choosing
someplace else.

Old January 21st 04, 02:32 AM
The Real Bev

"Let Mikey Ski It!" wrote:

Chester Bullock wrote:

The marketing department at Copper ...

They have a marketing department? I figured otherwise with their slogan
"Where the skiers ski and the boarders ride". I bet it took someone over a
minute to come up with that.

Maybe we should have a "lamest ski area slogan" contest. Anyone have
another entry?

Not about skiing, but the National Forest Service's 'Land of many uses'
is clearly a winner in its own category.

--
Cheers, Bev
A: Top posters.

Old January 21st 04, 04:54 AM
The Real Bev

Kurt Knisely wrote:

In article , The Real Bev says...

"Let Mikey Ski It!" wrote:

Chester Bullock wrote:

The marketing department at Copper ...

They have a marketing department? I figured otherwise with their slogan
"Where the skiers ski and the boarders ride". I bet it took someone over a
minute to come up with that.

Maybe we should have a "lamest ski area slogan" contest. Anyone have
another entry?

Not about skiing, but the National Forest Service's 'Land of many uses'
is clearly a winner in its own category.

Wow, you might want to explain that one. How is the FS NOT a 'Land of many
uses'? Ski areas, mines, logging, ATVing, hiking, fishing, hunting... We all
either can have use of it or use materials extracted from the Forest.

Oh yes of course, but is it clever, interesting, inspiring or any of the
other things a good slogan is supposed to be? NOOOOOO! Even "WE GOT
TREES!" is better.

A: Top posters.

Oh, a netcop, you need a volunteer job?

No, but my rates are nominal.

How about interleaved posting...is that allowable?

Encouraged, even. Along with snippery.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old January 21st 04, 12:58 PM
Varanasi Benares

"Over 18 inches of the good stuff has graced the Copper slopes this
month!"

Perhaps someone has reined in the "enthusiasm" of Copper's snow
reporter. This morning's Copper snow report dropped the above line. As
well as the line that once said something like 51% of the expert terrain
was open. This is a good thing.

Old January 21st 04, 02:31 PM
Chester Bullock

Let Mikey Ski It! wrote:

Chester Bullock wrote:

The marketing department at Copper ...

They have a marketing department? I figured otherwise with their slogan
"Where the skiers ski and the boarders ride". I bet it took someone over a
minute to come up with that.

I think they started that one when I worked there, so I am willing to
bet I know who came up with it, or approved it. It started when they
redesigned the logo and tried to give everything a new, corporate look.
It worked, IntraWest snapped it right up after all the reworking of
the company image. Yes, I am sure there was more to it than that.

Maybe we should have a "lamest ski area slogan" contest. Anyone have
another entry?

Other ski areas have slogans?
----------------------
Chester

"The game of catch has never been so fun!"
- inventor of the hand grenade.

Old January 21st 04, 02:40 PM
Chester Bullock

On 2004-01-20, Sam Seiber penned:

Chester Bullock wrote:

Snip interesting comments about Copper Mtn My fav was an e-mail I got

from them Jan 8th:

Hello Samuel,

How's this for a public display of affection? Twenty great ways for us
to show our true appreciation for Copper Season Pass holders. Twenty
great ways for you to show your appreciation for the place you love.
And if that's not enough, we just got two feet of new snow! The
conditions are incredible and these deals are too. So get up here,
you'll be glad you did.

Thats all I got. What are the "twenty great ways"? I have a 4 pack,
not a season pass. The e-mail was in html, and god only knows what
they did to make sure I DIDN'T get the entire message. Hey ****heads,
how about plain test. I bet someone is "earning" an income off
generating this useless e-mail.

Sam "Still waiting for the real Ullr to cover up the rocks" Seiber

I would also like plain text, and have complained to them. I use mutt
-- changed the content-type to plain text and fished out the urls. Some
pretty good deals, actually. The one in particular that caught my eye
was a $25 adv/intermediate lesson.

You guys should follow up with posts in their forums.

http://www.coppercolorado.com/winter/mountain/bb will get you there, and
luckily you don't need flash.
----------------------
Chester

If it were truly the thought that counted, more women would be pregnant.

Old January 21st 04, 02:51 PM
Chester Bullock

Chester Bullock wrote:

I would also like plain text, and have complained to them. I use mutt
-- changed the content-type to plain text and fished out the urls. Some
pretty good deals, actually. The one in particular that caught my eye
was a $25 adv/intermediate lesson.

You guys should follow up with posts in their forums.

http://www.coppercolorado.com/winter/mountain/bb will get you there, and
luckily you don't need flash.

What is amusing to me is that it is such a simple thing to send a
multi-part mime email so that text people can get their text, and html
people can get the visual stuff. Oh well, I never proclaimed that they
get it.
----------------------
Chester

'Tis a brave man who wears the kilt in January.

Old January 21st 04, 11:12 PM
Sam Seiber

Chester Bullock wrote:
Other ski areas have slogans?

Seems to me Loveland used to develop a new one each year.

Loveland, if you love to ski.
If you love to ski, ski Loveland.
Loveland, it is right at the divide.
Loveland, closer, higher, better.

I may be mis-remembering some of them.
Next time I am at by beloved, I will have to check out the
current brochure and see what it is this year.

Sam "I ski Loveland" Seiber
At least that is what my bumber sticker says.

Old January 21st 04, 11:17 PM
Sam Seiber

Chester Bullock wrote:
You guys should follow up with posts in their forums.

^^^^^^ ^^

http://www.coppercolorado.com/winter/mountain/bb will get you there, and
luckily you don't need flash.

I don't, because I don't really care. I am so amused that sites are
created
to market something, and I have trouble finding out what they might be
trying
to sell me. Or in this case, an e-mail telling me about all this cool
stuff,
but fail to tell me about the cool stuff.

Sam