Copper's Snow Report and Used Cars

Old January 22nd 04, 01:41 AM
Monique Y. Herman

On 2004-01-21, Chester Bullock penned:
Chester Bullock wrote:

I would also like plain text, and have complained to them. I use mutt
-- changed the content-type to plain text and fished out the urls. Some
pretty good deals, actually. The one in particular that caught my eye
was a $25 adv/intermediate lesson.

You guys should follow up with posts in their forums.

http://www.coppercolorado.com/winter/mountain/bb will get you there, and
luckily you don't need flash.

What is amusing to me is that it is such a simple thing to send a
multi-part mime email so that text people can get their text, and html
people can get the visual stuff. Oh well, I never proclaimed that they
get it.

Actually, I can live with this, though it's annoying. I can pipe it to
a browser; I can use urlview to find the links; I can save it to a file
and view it that way. It's freaking annoying, but it's livable.

What ****ed me off royally was discovering an email request to do
something online -- ie, SPAM -- sent to an address I'd only used in
signing up for the WP fourpass. I just *knew* this would happen. I
emailed the WP administration and informed them that I'd been
considering getting a season pass next year, but now, forget about it.
They did respond with some concern, but I'm still getting these stupid
things, and I don't think they understood the problem, really.

Why don't companies understand? When I say I don't want unsolicited
email, I don't just mean everyone else -- I mean YOU, too! I don't want
to hear about ways that I can help you figure out your demographics. I
don't want snow reports. I don't want ANYTHING I don't specifically
request.

Grrrr.

--
monique

Old January 22nd 04, 02:26 AM
Varanasi Benares

[snip]

Or in this case, an e-mail telling me about all this cool
stuff,
but fail to tell me about the cool stuff.

Actually, if you get the same mail I do, it was (is?) pretty cool stuff.
Free "buddy" lift tickets at Copper or WP on weekdays through January
was the big one. Limit two per season pass, though they don't seem to
check. We have 4 season passes and lots of friends.

Old January 22nd 04, 12:01 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Sam Seiber wrote:

Loveland, if you love to ski.
If you love to ski, ski Loveland.
Loveland, it is right at the divide.
Loveland, closer, higher, better.

They have had many classic advertising slogans. Another memorable one:

"The tunnel is such a bore".

Mike...

--
Littleton, Colorado (reply to msaemisch at yahoo dot com)
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us

Old January 22nd 04, 03:49 PM
klaus

Let Mikey Ski It! wrote:
Maybe we should have a "lamest ski area slogan" contest. Anyone have
another entry?

That's easy. The absolute lamest, and it goes with the ski area
perfectly is: "Alta is for skiers" Lame, lame, lame. Just Like Alta.

-klaus