Snow Summit

Old January 14th 13, 05:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Snow Summit

The web page says 'no chain restrictions' but Caltrans says chains or
4-wheel drive w/snow tires from Running Springs to the dam. Who should
we believe?

Going Wednesday or Thursday. Lots of snow. WOO-HOO, I'm overdue.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I believe that forgiving [terrorists] is God's function.
Old January 14th 13, 03:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:33:48 PM UTC-8, The Real Bev wrote:
The web page says 'no chain restrictions' but Caltrans says chains or

4-wheel drive w/snow tires from Running Springs to the dam. Who should

we believe?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Neither. Bev Ashley is doing the writing, so all I can count on is that she is somehow lying.

Going Wednesday or Thursday. Lots of snow. WOO-HOO, I'm overdue.

You'll still be a monkey faced bitch

--

Cheers, Bev

"I believe that forgiving [terrorists] is God's function.

Our job is to arrange the meeting."

- Norman Schwartzkopf

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Irony meter takes down the Twin Towers!!!!!!
Hey, when do I get to meet one of you usenet terrorists? You know, the freaks who threaten my life and tell me to kill myself? Arrange the meeting!!!!
Old January 15th 13, 01:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

The Real Bev wrote:
The web page says 'no chain restrictions' but Caltrans says chains or
4-wheel drive w/snow tires from Running Springs to the dam. Who should
we believe?

Going Wednesday or Thursday. Lots of snow. WOO-HOO, I'm overdue.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I believe that forgiving [terrorists] is God's function.
Our job is to arrange the meeting."
- Norman Schwartzkopf

I like your signatures I enjoyed the internet argument = winning
retarded race....

When it comes to response from government you never know who to trust
but you can be sure somebody will get screwed. You just have to wonder
when every other natural disaster area gets federal money NY & tri state
area gets yanked about.

But I am hoping to go on Weds Tuxedo was closed today because of high
temps and they are going to drop like a stone tonight and there will be
show north and west of city which is where Tuxedo is.
So I have my hopes up other wise we are heading to Wachusett Mountain on
friday anyway.
Old January 15th 13, 06:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 01/14/2013 06:18 PM, down_hill wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
The web page says 'no chain restrictions' but Caltrans says chains or
4-wheel drive w/snow tires from Running Springs to the dam. Who should
we believe?

Going Wednesday or Thursday. Lots of snow. WOO-HOO, I'm overdue.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I believe that forgiving [terrorists] is God's function.
Our job is to arrange the meeting."
- Norman Schwartzkopf

I like your signatures I enjoyed the internet argument = winning
retarded race....

That seems appropriate. I have 1300 of them now, but it seems like the
same ones turn up over and over and over... For newest, see below.

When it comes to response from government you never know who to trust
but you can be sure somebody will get screwed. You just have to wonder
when every other natural disaster area gets federal money NY & tri state
area gets yanked about.

I don't trust any of them. Is it conceivable that politicians were
actually honorable men back in the 1700s? Or were the ones we know
about just better writers with more money?

But I am hoping to go on Weds Tuxedo was closed today because of high
temps and they are going to drop like a stone tonight and there will be
show north and west of city which is where Tuxedo is.
So I have my hopes up other wise we are heading to Wachusett Mountain on
friday anyway.

How nice to have a choice. SS is generally the only local area worth
going to, and is, of course, the most distant. Mountain High is a
badly-designed and -maintained zoo. Snow Valley isn't worth going to
even for FREE (don't get me started) unless you've never skied before.
Waterman and Baldy are hardly ever open -- they depend on natural snow.
Ski Sunrise is now a Mountain High tubing park or something. Green
Valley and Kratka closed long ago, and Snow Forest closed long before
that. Richard likes the Bear Mountain half of the
Snow-Summit-Bear-Mountain duplex, but I haven't been there for decades.

Except for Snow Forest I've gone to all the local places I know about at
least once. I really want Waterman to open -- handy for a non-crowded
economical reasonably-close weekend day-trip.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Bullfights, ather than being inhumane, are the only method of

Old January 15th 13, 12:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

The Real Bev wrote:

I don't trust any of them. Is it conceivable that politicians were
actually honorable men back in the 1700s? Or were the ones we know about
just better writers with more money?

Better press agents and less competition. I think you start out with
wanting a change but become comfortably numb. In light of the shooting
in several places they can not agree to ban assault weapons or high
capacity clips or strengthen the laws regarding back ground checks. The
law is kind of pointless because the cat been out of the bag for years
and a really good machinist with proper equipment can make one. It would
show the head of a politician does not reside in anal cavity.

But I am hoping to go on Weds Tuxedo was closed today because of high
temps and they are going to drop like a stone tonight and there will be
show north and west of city which is where Tuxedo is.
So I have my hopes up other wise we are heading to Wachusett Mountain on
friday anyway.

How nice to have a choice.

There is quite a bit of options here. I am looking at W Va or North
Carolina as both areas run NASTAR. But they have not had much snow but
the location in NC is fairly cold and some of the bigger examples of
temperate bamboo grow there as they need a cold period for growth.
It depends on how much you want to drive you can find something to slide
down. Next christmas we might go to Jay Peak 6.5 hours in northern Vt as
my wife is so ****ed at Jackson gore/okemo about the service.
There was a story last week or so about the ski chalet now a catering
hall on Bald hill that was a ski resort here on LI in 70's that caught
fire.
Old January 15th 13, 03:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

Baldy is nice when the snow conditions are just right - defined as
open down to the parking lot, but no chain restrictions on the way
up. I have been there in those conditions twice in 40+ years.

My kids were bored with Snow Valley before noon of the day we went
there. The only highlight was being dumped off a chairlift by a
clueless operator.

Bear Mt. has the highest and best runs in Southern California, but
don't go on a weekend.

Old January 15th 13, 11:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DaveM

The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

Gawd, you once again make me so glad that I don't live in CA.

We are over 200" of snowfall for the year and I have paid off my pass
a couple of times over already.

Oh, BTW how did a liftie dump you off a chair? Our lifties can't/don't
do that usualy so I am curious. I have done it to myself when I
turned to say something to the cute girl bumping chairs and got
careless with a ski tip in a bgi snow year but they have never done
it TO me so the idea itrigues me.

Sorry, but I am really glad that I live in a place that has skiing
that I don't have to bitch about. Nearly ever. And that I get to enjoy
it.

DaveM
Old January 16th 13, 12:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

DaveM wrote:
Bear Mt. has the highest and best runs in Southern California, but
don't go on a weekend.

Gawd, you once again make me so glad that I don't live in CA.

We are over 200" of snowfall for the year and I have paid off my pass
a couple of times over already.

Oh, BTW how did a liftie dump you off a chair? Our lifties can't/don't
do that usualy so I am curious. I have done it to myself when I
turned to say something to the cute girl bumping chairs and got
careless with a ski tip in a bgi snow year but they have never done
it TO me so the idea itrigues me.

Sorry, but I am really glad that I live in a place that has skiing
that I don't have to bitch about. Nearly ever. And that I get to enjoy
it.

Stevens Pass has only had 298" so far this season, but we're getting by OK too.
Being a skier in Southern CA must be rough.

Old January 16th 13, 02:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jan 15, 5:12*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
DaveM wrote:
Bear Mt. has the highest and best runs in Southern California, but
don't go on a weekend.

Gawd, you once again make me so glad that I don't live in CA.

We are over 200" of snowfall for the year and I have paid off my pass
a couple of times over already.

Oh, BTW how did a liftie dump you off a chair? Our lifties can't/don't
do that usualy so I am curious. *I have done it to myself when I
turned to say something to the cute girl bumping chairs and got
careless with a ski tip *in a bgi snow year but *they have never done
it TO me so the idea itrigues me.

Sorry, but I am really glad that I live in a place that has skiing
that I don't have to bitch about. Nearly ever. And that I get to enjoy
it.

Stevens Pass has only had 298" so far this season, but we're getting by OK too.
Being a skier in Southern CA must be rough.

When Snow Summit/Bear Mt are in good shape, they are better than the
average New England area.

And I still make the occasional trips to Mammoth, although I will be
missing my usual one day per week at June this year.
Old January 16th 13, 02:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

My kids were small enough that they needed help getting on the fixed-
grip chairs. We could handle the detachable quads ok. I asked the
operator to go slow for loading as I usually did. He looked like he
didn't understand my request, and all 3 of us ended up dumped out of
the chair just beyond the loading ramp. THEN he stopped the chair,
and we got on the next one no problem.