Shawnee mountain

Old January 7th 13, 02:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Default Shawnee mountain

Great day
Nice mountain/hill easy parking friendly people fairly organized. They
all seemed to be reading from the same book which is nice. Such as
NASTAR started at 10am granted there were long lines and issues with
timing and making sure people had registered but the first day running
that stuff is always an issue.
The lifts were quick and it really was not that crowded we met a family
that we had met at the NASTAR open in Ma and both girls are on the
Shawnee ski team and they train on the NASTAR hill so that helps to make
the line longer.
But as we pulled up to drop off a skier was getting ready to pull out
and went to talk to him and he told me the conditions on the mountain
that they used the best trail for racing so I would not get a chance to
run it. I laughed and said you have given me a spot right next to gate
and told me the one trail that I will be skiing on is the best you have
really made my day. Small hills mountains work the race hill as one of
the more important trails to keep good. I skied by the would be 1/2 pipe
and they did not waste any extra snow resources on it yet.
So it was a good ski day did a bunch of other trails like the terrain
park with my son and took him down some diamond trails at a good clip
and he is keeping right up. But the friends we met they raced too and
the 10 year old girls on traveling race team were 2 seconds faster but
I was faster than their dad with 15 more years and first time on trail.
Then it took us 1 hour and 20 minutes to get home no traffic.

Old January 7th 13, 04:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

I LOVE IT!!! A ****ing tour guide to crappy mountains in ****ty conditions by a serious stupid dumb**** coward.
I'm going to Crystal this week, Whistler or Bachelor later in the month. No ****ing snow in New Mexico, so I'm gonna wait. Either way, I won't ski a mountain as tiny as the best mountain Dumb**** Downhill will ski all year. Oh, well. At least Dumb**** has bragging rights on Horvath.
Old January 7th 13, 06:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 1/6/13 7:20 PM, down_hill wrote:

we met a family that we had met at the NASTAR open in Ma

Enjoyed your report. One of the fun parts of kid racing is us parents
getting to know the other families.

Many of the best technical racers come from small eastern hills. First,
you have natural ice courses whereas in the west the training courses
rut up immediately unless salted, and second, the course is often the
most interesting thing on an eastern hill - not so many of the promising
young racers drop out to go ski the powder and the cliffs.

Old January 7th 13, 02:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/6/13 7:20 PM, down_hill wrote:

we met a family that we had met at the NASTAR open in Ma

Enjoyed your report. One of the fun parts of kid racing is us parents
getting to know the other families.

Many of the best technical racers come from small eastern hills. First,
you have natural ice courses whereas in the west the training courses
rut up immediately unless salted, and second, the course is often the
most interesting thing on an eastern hill - not so many of the promising
young racers drop out to go ski the powder and the cliffs.

thanks
There is a cancer benefit at shawnee with race so planning to go back
for that going & to see if I can get any faster there.
That is why I train at Tuxedo it improves my skiing and is tough and
when I go to a big mountain the course is much easier. I spent yesterday
trying to get my gate timing back. Plan on heading to tuxedo on Weds
depending on weather and run gates again.

I like the smaller hills as it makes no difference to my son if we go do
some famous trail at a great ski resort it only matters if there are
jumps on the trail.
Old January 7th 13, 03:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sun, 6 Jan 2013 21:06:04 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

I'm going to Crystal this week, Whistler or Bachelor later in the month.

You won't be going to Whistler. When you show your ID at the Canadian
border, DING, the computer is going to light up and your fat ass will
be spending time in jail.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old January 7th 13, 09:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Dissing someone about going to a ****ty mountain then bragging about going to Crystal in the next sentence. You're too funny.
Old January 7th 13, 10:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Obviously, you've never skied Crystal. Idiot. Just like you'll never have the balls to spew your **** in person. They've got better steeps than anything in Colorado. Snow sticks here, dumb****.

Old January 8th 13, 04:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Monday, January 7, 2013 9:00:26 PM UTC-8, comadrejo wrote:
twobuddha wrote:

On Monday, January 7, 2013 2:56:57 PM UTC-8, wrote:

I'm going to Crystal this week, Whistler or Bachelor later in the

month. No ****ing snow in New Mexico, so I'm gonna wait. Either way,

I won't ski a mountain as tiny as the best mountain Dumb**** Downhill

will ski all year. Oh, well. At least Dumb**** has bragging rights on Horvath.

Dissing someone about going to a ****ty mountain then bragging about

going to Crystal in the next sentence. You're too funny.

Obviously, you've never skied Crystal. Idiot. Just like you'll never

have the balls to spew your **** in person. They've got better steeps

than anything in Colorado. Snow sticks here, dumb****.

ROFL!

Geez, Teddy, and here I thought you would root for the home team. Hey, I was talking about you today. You know, the lie to the cops ****? The predicting your lies would get me jailed and convicted ****? You know, like your buddy Horvath was spewing today?
How did that work out for you, Teddy? Last time you were stupid enough to engage, you sorta maybe said you were lying the entire time about lying to the cops, which makes you an even bigger pussy.
Which in your case, is a pussy as big as the Grand Canyon, considered you committed felony perjury.
Show the post, Ted.
Contact info?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHABWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old January 8th 13, 03:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On 2013-01-08 05:25:28 +0000, twobuddha said:

ROFL!

Geez, Teddy, and here I thought you would root for the home team.

Making idiotic statements about Crystal Mountain isn't rooting for the

home team. I like Silver King, Brain Damage, Silver Queen and the

Throne, but they are also outside of the ski area. King and Brain

Damage are short runs compare to other steep runs.

I can name a couple ski areas in Colorado that are by far much more

hairier than anything that Crystal Mountain can offer, starting with

Crested Butte.

ROFL!

One bat**** crazy stalking piece of **** coward backing up a bat**** crazy stalking piece of **** coward.
Show the post, Ted. ROFL!!!!