tHe wHitE roOm

Old February 22nd 05, 05:39 PM
Dave Stallard

Default tHe wHitE roOm

AstroPax wrote:
Alta, Tombstone, 02-21-05.

tHe wHitE roOm syndrome.

Just looked these up on the web:

"White Room" By jack bruce and pete brown

In the white room with black curtains near the station.
Blackroof country, no gold pavements, tired starlings.
Silver horses ran down moonbeams in your dark eyes.
Dawnlight smiles on you leaving, my contentment.

I’ll wait in this place where the sun never shines;
Wait in this place where the shadows run from themselves.

You said no strings could secure you at the station.
Platform ticket, restless diesels, goodbye windows.
I walked into such a sad time at the station.
As I walked out, felt my own need just beginning.

I’ll wait in the queue when the trains come back;
Lie with you where the shadows run from themselves.

At the party she was kindness in the hard crowd.
Consolation for the old wound now forgotten.
Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her dark eyes.
She’s just dressing, goodbye windows, tired starlings.

I’ll sleep in this place with the lonely crowd;
Lie in the dark where the shadows run from themselves.

--------------------------

Christ, these lyrics are drivel! I've never realized it until now.

Dave

Old February 22nd 05, 05:46 PM
Jeff

Dave Stallard wrote:
AstroPax wrote:
[...]

Perhaps a girl named Mary Jane helped you find something that never
really existed...

Jeff

Old February 22nd 05, 05:55 PM
Jeff

AstroPax wrote:
Alta, Tombstone, 02-21-05.

tHe wHitE roOm syndrome.

Scroll down to see both pics.....

http://ski.astropax.com/temp_alta_af.htm

-Astro

Good stuff. I hope you remembered to wipe your goggles clean before you
resumed... BTW: These are nice pictures.

So what happened? In photo one you seem to be facing down the fall
line; your skis have a nice edge, your right hand might be dragging a
little but you appear in complete control.

Old February 22nd 05, 06:47 PM
Chester Bullock

AstroPax wrote:
Alta, Tombstone, 02-21-05.

tHe wHitE roOm syndrome.

Scroll down to see both pics.....

http://ski.astropax.com/temp_alta_af.htm

Might make for a nice K2 ad... You should call them.

Old February 22nd 05, 07:06 PM
KentB

Those are Axis XPs from last year or so. BTW, I find that I am now lookig
for SINGLE Axis XP in a 181 length. Mine is not repairable according to the
local ski mechanic. Said the core and sidewall are both cracked.

Old February 22nd 05, 07:45 PM
bdubya

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:39:04 -0500, Dave Stallard
wrote:

AstroPax wrote:
[...]

Ever listen closely to "Those Were The Days?" With "golden cymbals
flying on ocarina sounds before wild medusa’s serpents gave birth to
hell disguised as heaven"? Not that it'll stop these tickets
www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=2876241
from being scalped into the stratosphere...

bw

Old February 22nd 05, 08:26 PM
Dave Stallard

bdubya wrote:

Ever listen closely to "Those Were The Days?" With "golden cymbals
flying on ocarina sounds before wild medusa’s serpents gave birth to
hell disguised as heaven"? Not that it'll stop these tickets
www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=2876241
from being scalped into the stratosphere...

I still like Cream. I've seen all three of its members play on
separate occasions and venues (Clapton in an arena, Bruce in a theater,
Baker in a basement club). Jack Bruce I saw in his tour with Billy
Cobham, a long time ago. Baker I saw with an Italian band that
couldn't speak English, but could sing Cream songs phonetically from
memory. Weird (and kind of pathetic).

Jack's first solo album ("Songs for a Tailor") is very Cream-ish, though
Clapton is absent of course. I like it - he has the trippy lyrics from
Peter Brown. I thought Jack really was the linchpin of the band in many
ways.

I bet the reunion won't be too good - reunions seldom are. But perhaps
I'll replace my "Best of" CD with all the separate albums in its honor.
I presume the concert will be recorded?

Dave
Old February 22nd 05, 08:42 PM
Schmoe

Dave Stallard wrote:

I bet the reunion won't be too good - reunions seldom are. But
perhaps I'll replace my "Best of" CD with all the separate albums in
its honor. I presume the concert will be recorded?

Solid chance they'll tour the US later this year. Fingers crossed. It would
be a fantastic reunion.

On the lyrical front: read the lyrics to Donovan's First There Is A Mountain
(turned into Mountain Jam by the Allman Brothers):

The lock upon my garden gate's a snail, that's what it is.
The lock upon my garden gate's a snail, that's what it is.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there
is.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there
is.
The caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within.
Caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there
is.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain.
Oh Juanita, oh Juanita, oh Juanita, I call your name.
Oh, the snow will be a blinding sight to see as it lies on
yonder hillside.
The lock upon my garden gate's a snail, that's what it is.
The lock upon my garden gate's a snail, that's what it is.
Caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within.
Caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within.
Ah, my-my.

Old February 22nd 05, 08:56 PM
bdubya

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:26:37 -0500, Dave Stallard
wrote:

bdubya wrote:

Ever listen closely to "Those Were The Days?" With "golden cymbals
flying on ocarina sounds before wild medusa’s serpents gave birth to
hell disguised as heaven"? Not that it'll stop these tickets
www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=2876241
from being scalped into the stratosphere...

I still like Cream. I've seen all three of its members play on
separate occasions and venues (Clapton in an arena, Bruce in a theater,
Baker in a basement club). Jack Bruce I saw in his tour with Billy
Cobham, a long time ago. Baker I saw with an Italian band that
couldn't speak English, but could sing Cream songs phonetically from
memory. Weird (and kind of pathetic).

I really like them too. But every time I hear Badge (or While My
Guitar Gently Weeps), I wonder why Clapton and Harrison never formed
an official band. (probably woman troubles....)

Didja ever hear the second Masters of Reality album ("Sunrise on the
Sufferbus")? Ginger showing the young punks how it's done....

bw

Looking for chalet room - transport available [email protected] European Ski Resorts 1 February 21st 05 02:57 PM
Big White AlbertaBoarder Snowboarding 1 November 29th 04 10:36 PM
2 room App. available: Val d´Iseres 06-13th March Frank Hesse European Ski Resorts 0 February 8th 04 11:35 AM
What? You say my hotel room has a wax bench IN the room? Erik Brooks Nordic Skiing 4 December 22nd 03 11:30 AM
Big White JimT North American Ski Resorts 0 November 20th 03 11:57 PM