What to wear

Old October 30th 03, 12:47 PM
Jez Harper

Default What to wear

This might be a stupid question.

I am going to Whistler for 3 weeks over Christmas and New year. What do I
wear on my feet when I am not skiing? Snow boots? hiking boots? Trainers?

Also, are jeans and ski jackets acceptable when going out in the evening?

Cheers

Jez

Old October 30th 03, 01:04 PM
Steve

Jez Harper wrote:
This might be a stupid question.

I am going to Whistler for 3 weeks over Christmas and New year. What do I
wear on my feet when I am not skiing? Snow boots? hiking boots? Trainers?

It can be pretty slushy at Whistler, I'd wear boots. I don't know what
snow boots are, but hiking boots are a good choice.

Also, are jeans and ski jackets acceptable when going out in the evening?

Depends where you are going, there are no places I know of that object
to jeans, but there are plenty of upmarket restaurants I can't afford to
visit!

Old October 31st 03, 03:40 AM
Brian Sniatkowski

Also... most resorts are pretty casual. Jeans and a ski jacket are
acceptable in the vast majority of places. Even the better restaurants
usually let you get away with khakis and sweater.

Old October 31st 03, 10:44 AM
Jez Harper

Thank you all for your replies, I'll be able to pack properly now.

Cheers

Jez

Old October 31st 03, 02:45 PM
stuart

"Jez Harper" wrote in message
This might be a stupid question.

I am going to Whistler for 3 weeks over Christmas and New year. What do I
wear on my feet when I am not skiing? Snow boots? hiking boots? Trainers?

Also, are jeans and ski jackets acceptable when going out in the evening?

Cheers

Jez

What planet are you from? Last time I checked Whistler BC was in Canada. You
wear what the **** you feel comfortable in. What they gonna do? Some minimum
wage lackey maitre'd (from Australia working at whistler for the season)
gonna tell you that you aren't "appropriately dressed". They might get away
with that in the UK, but not here. The management would worry about getting
sued for discrimination.
Hey! Try wearing a turban:-)

Old November 7th 03, 05:26 PM
Jez Harper

Well, I'd wear what I felt like if I was going to places where I would have
to mingle with people like you, but I think I'd like to go to more exclusive
places!

Old November 9th 03, 01:43 AM
stuart

"Jez Harper" wrote in message
Well, I'd wear what I felt like if I was going to places where I would

have
to mingle with people like you, but I think I'd like to go to more

exclusive
places!

And you don't want to be "excluded", right?

Old November 9th 03, 01:45 AM
stuart

"Jez Harper" wrote in message
Well, I'd wear what I felt like if I was going to places where I would

have
to mingle with people like you, but I think I'd like to go to more

exclusive
places!

PS. You must feel a bit shallow and insecure if you feel that what you wear
is the critical factor in determining whether or not you "fit in" in these
exclusive places. This is Canada, bloke.

Old November 9th 03, 11:01 AM
Jez Harper

Did you have difficulty understanding the original post? A what point did it
say anything about 'fitting in'? All I wanted to know is whether I would be
allowed in to places wearing jeans and a ski jacket. How is that shallow and
insecure?

I think that these are acceptable questions from someone who has never been
to Whistler before!