Solitude, Alta, Brighton and Snowbird

Old February 5th 06, 10:35 PM

Default Solitude, Alta, Brighton and Snowbird

I'm thinking of going to one of these but am not familiar with them. My
family tends to like harder blues and easier single blacks. Grooming is
generally considered a good thing among the family members. Double diamond
runs are irrelevant. Back country/off piste skiing is irrelevant. Night
life is irrelevant. A decent ski school for the 8 year old is necessary.
(He skis OK for an 8 year old.) Proximity to the airport is important but I
assume they're all pretty close (let me know if that's not correct).

I'm going in the spring and would like to have as winterish conditions as
possible. If one or the other is better on that score, that would be good
to know as well.

Can anyone give me suggestions/a run down on the differences?

Thanks.

Old February 7th 06, 03:52 AM

I've been there but haven't skied any of them more than a few times.

Based on what you are saying Solitude is probably the best bet. But for
what you want to do, go to Deer Valley or Park City.

The short run down.

Alta - amazing, everything that is irrelevant to you.
Snowbird - ditto
Brighton - you would like it.
Solitude - Once of my favs...but only for the trees.

They are all about the same distance from the airport give or take 15
minutes.