147 or 150 Ride Kashmir?

Old January 1st 05, 04:43 AM
ihm

Default 147 or 150 Ride Kashmir?

I currently have a 143 K2 Luna which chatters and vibrates. So I
figure it's time for a stiffer board and decided to get a Kashmir.

Which size should I get, a 147 or 150? I want an optimal board so I
can start learning to ride in the park, to do small jumps and yet be
long enough to ride the rest of the mountain as a freeride, fairly
aggressively?

What I really want to know is that my height and weight, will a 150
Kashmir be too long for the park?

I'm 5'2", 118lb, size 5.5W boots, rides pretty aggressively (quick edge
to edge) on the blues/greens, attempted small jumps.

I demoed a 151 k2 mix and handled it ok. In fact, my 143 seemed a bit
short in comparision after. Yes, I suppose I should demo somemore
first, but thought maybe some of you out there would have some feedback
for me.

Thanks,
Dawn

Old January 1st 05, 12:28 PM
lonerider

ihm wrote:

What I really want to know is that my height and weight, will a 150
Kashmir be too long for the park?

I'm 5'2", 118lb, size 5.5W boots, rides pretty aggressively (quick

edge
to edge) on the blues/greens, attempted small jumps.

Too long? I don't consider a 150cm to be that long, especially
considering it is only 3cm (~1.2 inches) longer than the 147 you are
considering. Based on K2's "recommended" weight ranges, either board
will fit you. The 147 will be a little quicker to flex and turn, and
the 150 will be a little bit more stable. Since you are coming from a
143 (which is a bit short for you I think) perhaps you could go up a
step with the 147. That way you can have a smoother progression of
stiffer boards as you advance. That's just one line of though, although
if you are aggressive (riding fast and hard) then you could consider a
jump straight to the 150. The Kashmir looks like a well made (pricey)
board and so I bet it is decently stiff... which can often affect the
"feel" of the board more than a measly 1% increase in length.

So yea, that's my quick thought as I get ready for bed (happy new
year).
--Arvin

Old January 2nd 05, 02:20 AM
Brian

Would you consider a non-K2 board? Prior makes a great board and has an
"All Mountain Freestyle" board that is designed with your wants and needs in
mind... Here's a link if you're interested in venturing out a bit:
http://priorsnowboards.com/boards_amf.php

No affiliation. Just a happy Prior customer.

Brian.

ups.com...

Old January 2nd 05, 02:07 PM
Brian

I should follow this up by also pointing you to the Prior Magestic, which is
a women's specific board: http://priorsnowboards.com/boards_magestic.php -
The lengths of the Magestic are more in line with what you're looking for.

Brian.

"Brian" wrote in message
Would you consider a non-K2 board? Prior makes a great board and has an
"All Mountain Freestyle" board that is designed with your wants and needs

in
mind... Here's a link if you're interested in venturing out a bit:
http://priorsnowboards.com/boards_amf.php

No affiliation. Just a happy Prior customer.

Brian.

ups.com...

Old January 4th 05, 12:41 AM
ihm

Arvin --
Thanks for putting the 3cm into perspective.

Brian--
You're passionate about your Prior snowboard! Looks interesting, but
settled on a Ride Kashmir. Definitely something to look into if I'm
going to make another purchase in the future.

Thanks!!