Bormio

Old October 11th 03, 07:56 AM
Edwin van Wijk

Default Bormio

Hi,

Has anyone ever been to Bormio? I'm going there this winter but I'm not sure
what to expect. For the last 25 years I've only been in Austria (Kitzbuhel).

Edwin.

Old October 11th 03, 10:15 AM
Nigel

Big town . Snow in recent years rarely gets down to town level. Ski area
is quite big & used to be accessed via cable car (few years ago), not
sure if they changed that. Quite often have world Cup races there .
Nigel

Old October 11th 03, 10:33 PM
Edwin van Wijk

Ok, thanks.

Edwin

b.t.w. Don't need snow down at town level. I'm staying in the Bormio 2000
hotel, surely there's enough snow up there.

Old October 13th 03, 11:22 AM
MoonMan

In , Edwin van Wijk typed:
Hi,

Has anyone ever been to Bormio? I'm going there this winter but I'm
not sure what to expect. For the last 25 years I've only been in
Austria (Kitzbuhel).

Edwin.

Went there last Jan, Snow down to main town, not a huge ski area, but there
is a second area the other side of the valley a short (free) bus ride away
and your pass includes Livigno a longer not free bus ride, but as livigno is
duty free worth it for shopping after you ski.

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old October 14th 03, 09:48 AM
Adam Wallace

I stayed at Bormio 2000 a few years ago and thought it was excellent. There
is a huge vertical ie 2000m and some long fun runs including the world cup
downhill. The hotel has changed hands but it was very hospitable before hand
and i hope it hasn't changed much.