Morzine - any experience?

Old January 3rd 06, 01:22 PM

Default Morzine - any experience?

We're thinking of Morzine for a few days at the end of January. Any
suggestions on where to stay for the best access to the main ski areas? Any
other tips welcomed,

TIA.

Old January 3rd 06, 10:37 PM

Norman wrote:
We're thinking of Morzine for a few days at the end of January. Any
suggestions on where to stay for the best access to the main ski areas? Any
other tips welcomed,

Nearest the Tourist Office would be best. Equidistant between the Pleney
and Super Morzine lifts and near the bus stop for Avoriaz.

- Neil
Old January 5th 06, 10:54 AM

"Neil Swingler" wrote in message
Norman wrote:
We're thinking of Morzine for a few days at the end of January. Any
suggestions on where to stay for the best access to the main ski areas?
Any other tips welcomed,

Nearest the Tourist Office would be best. Equidistant between the Pleney
and Super Morzine lifts and near the bus stop for Avoriaz.

- Neil

I agree. Anywhere in/near the centre of town is good. With access to both
those lifts, you have a vast ski area to go at.

I spend a few weeks every year in Morzine and can thoroughly recommend it.
(Actually I'll be there next week for 4 weeks!)

Old January 5th 06, 12:14 PM

Norman wrote:
We're thinking of Morzine for a few days at the end of January. Any
suggestions on where to stay for the best access to the main ski areas?
Any other tips welcomed,

Nearest the Tourist Office would be best. Equidistant between the Pleney
and Super Morzine lifts and near the bus stop for Avoriaz.

- Neil

I agree. Anywhere in/near the centre of town is good. With access to both
those lifts, you have a vast ski area to go at.

I spend a few weeks every year in Morzine and can thoroughly recommend it.
(Actually I'll be there next week for 4 weeks!)

Thanks for this. 4 weeks! Can we swap jobs?

Old January 6th 06, 05:42 PM

Neil Swingler wrote:
Norman wrote:
We're thinking of Morzine for a few days at the end of January. Any
suggestions on where to stay for the best access to the main ski areas? Any
other tips welcomed,

Nearest the Tourist Office would be best. Equidistant between the Pleney
and Super Morzine lifts and near the bus stop for Avoriaz.

- Neil

Yep - just spent a few days myself there at the start of the week
and this would be by far the best area to stay in if you were looking
for a hotel or guesthouse. There are a load of facilities spread along
the road, concentrated around that area.

The snow was great - although it was raining in the village on the
day I arrived, there was loads of snow on the actual slopes and fresh
snow every day. I'd heard that being low lying it can be a bit dodgy
early/late season but I guess I got lucky.

Gav

Old January 12th 06, 04:46 PM

Norman wrote:
We're thinking of Morzine for a few days at the end of January. Any
suggestions on where to stay for the best access to the main ski areas?
Any other tips welcomed,

Nearest the Tourist Office would be best. Equidistant between the Pleney
and Super Morzine lifts and near the bus stop for Avoriaz.

- Neil

I agree. Anywhere in/near the centre of town is good. With access to both
those lifts, you have a vast ski area to go at.

We've also been told that being in Avoriaz itself can be an advantage in
terms of quick access to the snow. A party of five adults plus infant are
looking for a 3-bedroom apartment, or better still an exclusive, catered
(with concession to three vegetarians among us) chalet - do such exist in
Avoriaz?

I spend a few weeks every year in Morzine and can thoroughly recommend it.
(Actually I'll be there next week for 4 weeks!)

Lucky you, I hope the good conditions continue into mid-March for us.

SteveP