Val Thorens lessons?

Old December 29th 05, 09:02 AM

Default Val Thorens lessons?

Off toVal Thorens in March, so need to book some lessons for family (Ski
and Snowboard) Anyone have any recommendations for a good school?

TIA

Vince

Old December 30th 05, 10:08 AM

Vince escreveu:

Off toVal Thorens in March, so need to book some lessons for family (Ski
and Snowboard) Anyone have any recommendations for a good school?

TIA

Vince

Call ESF Courchevel 1850 and try to book Mr. Chaud. He is an excellent
instructor and probably can meet you and your family in Val Thorens if
you book in advance. We skied from Courchevel to Val Thorens with him
last Jan and had a great day.
Have fun

Cecilia

Old December 31st 05, 03:43 PM

I learnt to ski in Val Thorens. Did it with ESF and a woman called
Fabienne. One of our group members (there were 27 of us!! That was a
party and a half that holiday!) got us going with snowploughs. Then when
Fabienne got hold of us on our first lesson, she had us parallel skiing
within about half an hour... needed practice, but the principles were
there that quick.

From what I've found, ESF have a variable reputation including in the
Three Valleys. But, whenever I've had lessons, or organised lessons for
others, they've been superb. You at least know with ESF that they have
some of the best skiers and instructors on the planet! LOL! You can do
worse, believe me.

HTH

Schneckster

Old January 18th 06, 08:09 AM

That is exactly the problem with ESF in many places, and especially in Les
Trois Vallees: group size !!

They have no official limit so you might not get that much attention. Many
travel agencies also do not recommend ESF for children. Have a look at Magic
in Motion, Snow Systems and other ski schools in the Les Trois Vallees area
instead.

I have very good experience of ESF taking private lessons but group lessons
for kids ... never again.

/Pandy

"Iain Campbell" wrote in message
. uk...
I learnt to ski in Val Thorens. Did it with ESF and a woman called
Fabienne. One of our group members (there were 27 of us!! That was a party
and a half that holiday!) got us going with snowploughs. Then when Fabienne
got hold of us on our first lesson, she had us parallel skiing within about
half an hour... needed practice, but the principles were there that quick.

From what I've found, ESF have a variable reputation including in the

Old January 23rd 06, 12:00 AM

I've used http://www.prosneige.fr/en/ last easter. They were
excellent and I'm booked with them again for Feb 1/2 term.

Enjoy

Old January 24th 06, 09:41 AM

"Pandy Holmberg" wrote in message
I have very good experience of ESF taking private lessons but group
lessons for kids ... never again.

I used ESF for my kids snowboard lessons just before Christmas on their
first trip, my youngest's (12) instructor had him doing 180s of little
kickers by day 3!!

--
David Brown )