Zell am See / Kaprun at Christmas

Old July 28th 03, 10:00 AM
MoonMan

Default Zell am See / Kaprun at Christmas

I am thinking of going to Zell / Kaprun at Christmas, Is it usually Busy?
any Suggestions where to find accommodation?

Thanks
--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old July 28th 03, 10:09 PM
FredB

Been to both in summer. Skiing looks betta in Kaprun than Zell, but it dpends
pon your ability.
Havent skied in either though, but I have skied in lots of other AUS resorts
& on the whole they tend to B quite friendly.
Accomodation is never a worry in AUS

I'd question Zell @xmas for snow, but Kaprun should B better

Andy

Old July 29th 03, 07:12 AM
BrritSki

MoonMan wrote:

I am thinking of going to Zell / Kaprun at Christmas, Is it usually Busy?
any Suggestions where to find accommodation?

Chris - we went for Christmas many years ago and I don't remember it as
too crowded, but that may have changed of course. I do remember walking
to the lifts in thick fog and crowd and every day riding the lift up
above them and skiing in bright sun. Skiing was OK for the intermediates
we all were then, might be a bit limited for good skiers. I recall that
Kaprun was a good bus ride away.

We were on a package and stayed at the Hotel Cristal (I think) in the
outskirts which was OK and run by a very Hitlerian looking chap. We met
a nice RAF Navigator and his family - he was killed in the Gulf War

We also went for a summer holiday and stayed at a nice Hotel near the
centre with excellent food, but I can't remember the name of it - I'll
ask my wife tonight. It was owned by some nice young chap and had been
in his family for generations. If he does a wine-tasting go along -
there were only 6 of us turned up and he opened 4 bottles of excellent
wine, so we were weaving slightly when we went for dinner !

Old August 4th 03, 11:37 AM
Jon

"MoonMan" wrote in message
I am thinking of going to Zell / Kaprun at Christmas, Is it usually Busy?
any Suggestions where to find accommodation?

Thanks
--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

I haven't been to Zell for years but did have two very enjoyable trips there
when I was quite a bit younger and still going away with the family etc. We
stayed at the Hotel Tyrollerhof (sic) in the centre of town and liked it so
much we went back the following year. That was ages ago though and lots can
change of course.

HTH

Jon

Old August 4th 03, 01:19 PM
Ian Spare

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:37:41 +0100, "Jon"
wrote:

"MoonMan" wrote in message
I am thinking of going to Zell / Kaprun at Christmas, Is it usually Busy?
any Suggestions where to find accommodation?

Thanks
--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

I haven't been to Zell for years but did have two very enjoyable trips there
when I was quite a bit younger and still going away with the family etc. We
stayed at the Hotel Tyrollerhof (sic) in the centre of town and liked it so

This one ?

http://www.salzburg.tourismus.net/hotel_tirolerhof/

Zell am See Carl Price Snowboarding 3 February 3rd 04 06:45 PM
Help! Need to buy GF cool clothes for Christmas! Eric Snowboarding 9 December 10th 03 12:03 AM
Good appartment in Livigno for Christmas Tomas European Ski Resorts 1 July 18th 03 05:15 PM