Ski Magazines

Old September 13th 03, 02:12 PM
Ian Spare

Default Ski Magazines

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:42:44 +0100, Steve
wrote:

Ste Smith wrote:

Thanks for your informed opinion - I couldn't give two shiney ****s what
you think. If I wanted to know what you thought of the quality of the
journalism in the Winter Sport publication sector I would have asked for
just that.

Ah, the benefit of Usenet, you get answers to questions you never asked,
and all the sarcasm and cynicism is thrown in for free. I wouldn;t take
it personaly, and I wouldn't bank on getting a straight answer soon...

It's be boring if it didn't go off at tangents wouldn't it? It's a
discussion forum :-)

They (UK ski mags) are all ****e though :-) Same as most UK mags,
articles written by idiots who are a ski writer one week, doing
Gardening Weekly the next and show up next as a technology pundit in
PCW. Anyone that objects really strongly could always submit their own
stuff, you'd get paid as well.

Personally I like the Europeans ones, Pouderhausen in Germany is good
for example and, for me, great value for money, takes me an age to
read them :-)

Ian
Old September 13th 03, 04:08 PM
PG

"Neil Swingler" wrote in message
"PG" wrote in message
I'll try again. Does anyone know when the "Ski and Board"

magazine
from
the Ski Club of GB is due to be published?

Who cares? It's utter ****e.

You're a member then?

Well I'm a member and find the mag to be a reasonable read. It is a

vast
improvement
on the glorified holiday brochures that the other mags make. I guess

it will
be coming
out soon. The membership pack came this week.

I do wish they would drop the teen snowboarder bits though. I doubt

that the
target
audience will ever read it. Mind you English language boarding mags

are even
worse.

Never seen it so I can't judge - I'm in France permanently so there's no
point joining. Understandably (given the importance of the sport here)
there are some good mags in France (and plenty of rubbish ones too)...

Pete
www.skisurherbe.org

Old September 22nd 03, 12:57 PM
Ace

On 12 Sep 2003 20:06:17 GMT, Ste Smith wrote:

(The Older Gentleman) wrote in
news:1g13dgx.1bkr9kn1niby3eN%chateau.murrayNOSPAM @dsl.pipex.com:

Ste Smith wrote:

I've noticed that the Daily Mail Ski and Snowboard magazines has
just been
published for the first time this season. Does anyone know when the
first edition of the Ski Club GB "Snow and Board" magazine is due to
come out?

Who cares? They're all utter ****e.

Thanks for your informed opinion - I couldn't give two shiney ****s what
you think. If I wanted to know what you thought of the quality of the
journalism in the Winter Sport publication sector I would have asked for
just that.

Very well put. I'd just ignore TOG if I were you - he's just not had
any proper death threats for a while so he starts getting all shorty.

I'll try again. Does anyone know when the "Ski and Board" magazine from
the Ski Club of GB is due to be published?

Err, I _think_ there's normally a November edition, which would be
published early October, so hopefully not too long now.

--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)
Old September 22nd 03, 01:31 PM
Greg Hilton

Does anyone know when the
first edition of the Ski Club GB "Snow and Board" magazine is due to

out now, got mine last week
Old October 11th 03, 09:09 PM
prg39

"Ace" wrote in message
Err, I _think_ there's normally a November edition, which would be
published early October, so hopefully not too long now.

Got mine about a week ago; it was in the UK when I got back from NZ - has an
article on Craigieburn that is not too bad if you read between the lines.
Pity that I'll have to wait another 8 - 9 months before the field opens
again after the best finish to the season for 10 years with up to 3.7m of
snow depth - closing today (Sunday)

Be nice if the same happens in European Alps this coming season.

P.

www.craigieburn.co.nz

Old October 12th 03, 06:25 PM
Rob White

Ski magazines are rather like the Ski Show- look good on the outside, but
expensive, tell you nothing new and full of adverts for kit and chalets -
having been there or bought one you wish you hadn't bothered. I used to buy
one now and again but I was in Snow and Rock earlier today, and flicked
through a couple - still the usual glossy and expensive crap.

Rob

"prg39" wrote in message
.. .