Lift-pass insurance cover

Old December 2nd 04, 02:50 PM
Roy

Default Lift-pass insurance cover

I'm just renewing the family insurance for forthcoming French hol and can't
include our oldest 2 kids because they are over 21. I've told them to look
into getting their own insurance - but in case they forget or don't bother
what level of cover is provided with the lift-pass insurance? My guess is
you get lifted off the mountain and first-aid but not much else - am I
right? We'll all have E111 cover so the holiday insurance is mainly there
for repatriation and extensive treatment should it be required.

Roy

Old December 2nd 04, 03:10 PM
Ace

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:50:04 -0000, "Roy" wrote:

I'm just renewing the family insurance for forthcoming French hol and can't
include our oldest 2 kids because they are over 21. I've told them to look
into getting their own insurance - but in case they forget or don't bother
what level of cover is provided with the lift-pass insurance? My guess is
you get lifted off the mountain and first-aid but not much else - am I
right? We'll all have E111 cover so the holiday insurance is mainly there
for repatriation and extensive treatment should it be required.

If you buy the Carré Neige offered by most lift companies, it should
cover you for any treatment incurred by the accident, I think,
including repatriation if necessary. Check details on
www.cartreneige.fr (French only, I'm afraid).

just out of interest, have you looked at the Ski Club's insurance?
This year, for the first time, it's available to non-members, and may
work out cheaper than your existing policy (or may not, as the case
may be). http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/insurance/default.asp gives
details, although I'm afraid the kids still need their own :-{

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 2nd 04, 03:11 PM
cupra

Roy wrote:
I'm just renewing the family insurance for forthcoming French hol and
can't include our oldest 2 kids because they are over 21. I've told
them to look into getting their own insurance - but in case they
forget or don't bother what level of cover is provided with the
lift-pass insurance? My guess is you get lifted off the mountain and
first-aid but not much else - am I right? We'll all have E111 cover
so the holiday insurance is mainly there for repatriation and
extensive treatment should it be required.=20
=20
Roy

ISTR one of my party being charged for a trip in the blood wagon in =
Tignes.... and the X-Ray, of course.....
Old December 2nd 04, 03:15 PM
Ace

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:11:43 -0000, " cupra"
wrote:

Roy wrote:
I'm just renewing the family insurance for forthcoming French hol and
can't include our oldest 2 kids because they are over 21. I've told
them to look into getting their own insurance - but in case they
forget or don't bother what level of cover is provided with the
lift-pass insurance? My guess is you get lifted off the mountain and
first-aid but not much else - am I right? We'll all have E111 cover
so the holiday insurance is mainly there for repatriation and
extensive treatment should it be required.

Roy

ISTR one of my party being charged for a trip in the blood wagon in
Tignes.... and the X-Ray, of course.....

Well yes, of course you'll get charged for it, but the insurance will
reimburse it at a later date.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 2nd 04, 03:19 PM
cupra

Ace wrote:
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:11:43 -0000, " cupra"
wrote:
=20
Roy wrote:
I'm just renewing the family insurance for forthcoming French hol
and can't include our oldest 2 kids because they are over 21. I've
told them to look into getting their own insurance - but in case
they forget or don't bother what level of cover is provided with the
lift-pass insurance? My guess is you get lifted off the mountain and
first-aid but not much else - am I right? We'll all have E111 cover
so the holiday insurance is mainly there for repatriation and
extensive treatment should it be required.
=20
Roy

=20
ISTR one of my party being charged for a trip in the blood wagon in
Tignes.... and the X-Ray, of course.....

=20
Well yes, of course you'll get charged for it, but the insurance will
reimburse it at a later date.

Yes - I was more emphasising that simply having a lift pass doesn't =
entitle you to any freebies above and beyond the piste patrollers and =
lifts etc!
Old December 2nd 04, 03:42 PM
MoonMan

cupra wrote:
Roy wrote:
I'm just renewing the family insurance for forthcoming French hol and
can't include our oldest 2 kids because they are over 21. I've told
them to look into getting their own insurance - but in case they
forget or don't bother what level of cover is provided with the
lift-pass insurance? My guess is you get lifted off the mountain and
first-aid but not much else - am I right? We'll all have E111 cover
so the holiday insurance is mainly there for repatriation and
extensive treatment should it be required.

Roy

ISTR one of my party being charged for a trip in the blood wagon in
Tignes.... and the X-Ray, of course.....

There are only Private practices in Tignes, They do not accept E111's

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old December 2nd 04, 04:45 PM
pete devlin

In message , Roy
writes
I'm just renewing the family insurance for forthcoming French hol and can't
include our oldest 2 kids because they are over 21. I've told them to look
into getting their own insurance - but in case they forget or don't bother
what level of cover is provided with the lift-pass insurance? My guess is
you get lifted off the mountain and first-aid but not much else - am I
right? We'll all have E111 cover so the holiday insurance is mainly there
for repatriation and extensive treatment should it be required.

Although I'm lucky enough not to have tested them for a claim, I've yet
to see a better deal than at http://www.cheaptravelinsurance.com/
Off piste cover as standard too. No links to company and usual caveats
etc
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Old December 3rd 04, 06:28 AM
Nick Hounsome

"Roy" wrote in message
I'm just renewing the family insurance for forthcoming French hol and
can't include our oldest 2 kids because they are over 21. I've told them
to look into getting their own insurance - but in case they forget or
don't bother what level of cover is provided with the lift-pass insurance?
My guess is you get lifted off the mountain and first-aid but not much
else - am I right? We'll all have E111 cover so the holiday insurance is
mainly there for repatriation and extensive treatment should it be
required.

Roy

You should look online - there are some really cheap annual with ski
policies especially for couples/families and especially if you stick to
Europe.
My partner and I have one for about £110 for the 2 of us but it gets cheaper
the more people you cover.

Old December 3rd 04, 08:23 AM
Ace

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:45:15 +0000, pete devlin
wrote:

In message , Roy
writes
I'm just renewing the family insurance for forthcoming French hol and can't
include our oldest 2 kids because they are over 21. I've told them to look
into getting their own insurance - but in case they forget or don't bother
what level of cover is provided with the lift-pass insurance? My guess is
you get lifted off the mountain and first-aid but not much else - am I
right? We'll all have E111 cover so the holiday insurance is mainly there
for repatriation and extensive treatment should it be required.

Although I'm lucky enough not to have tested them for a claim, I've yet
to see a better deal than at http://www.cheaptravelinsurance.com/
Off piste cover as standard too.

Interesting - some of the premiums are ridiculously cheap, it's true,
but it's not always going to be cheaper than the SkiClub one I
mentioned http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/insurance/default.asp.
Specifically, the multitrip policies are mostly about the same price
for the standard option, but only if you need worldwide cover. If you
just need European cover (which they don't seem to offer on a
multitrip policy) the Ski Club one is significantly cheaper.

No links to company and usual caveats etc

Likewise; well, the caveat bit, anyway. But I'm just a member (and a
rep) and have no financial interest in promoting anything.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 3rd 04, 04:14 PM
Adrian D. Shaw

Felly sgrifennodd Nick Hounsome :
My partner and I have one for about £110 for the 2 of us but it gets cheaper
the more people you cover.

Wow that seems a lot. Ours (with Direct Travel Insurance) is GBP68 - which
included a GBP5 discount for renewing without a break. I can't see anything
significant it doesn't cover. It's multi-trip, Europe.

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.