ski/snowboard dvd's forsale

Old September 19th 03, 05:35 AM
mcsnet

Default ski/snowboard dvd's forsale

Mind the Addiction - TGR films(ski and snowboard) - one viewing $15
Clockwork - The Gathering Collective(snowboard) - one viewing - $12
Brainstorm - Kingpin Productions(snowboard) - brand new unopened - $12
411 VM05 snowboarding - one viewing - $9
Crouching Tiger(snowboard) - one viewing - $8
Breaking Ground(snowboard) - one viewing - $8

all are OBO
call me at 801.913.2441 or email me at
mcsnet at
yahoo dot com
Old September 19th 03, 07:38 AM
Switters

Not forgetting that there are actually countries outside of where you
live. They have different monetary systems. In addition DVDs are usually
encoded with a region, plus have a TV system format of NTSC or PAL.

If you have to flog your wares, it would be useful to state what country
you are in, where you are prepared to ship to, plus the region and format
of your discedy dics.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old September 19th 03, 03:43 PM
Jason Watkins

Not forgetting that there are actually countries outside of where you
live. They have different monetary systems. In addition DVDs are usually
encoded with a region, plus have a TV system format of NTSC or PAL.

If you have to flog your wares, it would be useful to state what country
you are in, where you are prepared to ship to, plus the region and format
of your discedy dics.

Way to get tweaked. His phone number area code is for Salt Lake City.
So that'd be Region 1 NTSC. On the internet, if someone's speaking
english, using the $ symbol, and doesn't say where they are, it's a
safe bet they're in the US.
Old September 19th 03, 09:14 PM
Scott

Way to get tweaked. His phone number area code is for Salt Lake City.
So that'd be Region 1 NTSC. On the internet, if someone's speaking
english, using the $ symbol, and doesn't say where they are, it's a
safe bet they're in the US.

erm...way to get it wrong.

So you know it's SLC...local knowledge ? And to my knowledge the
following countries all use 'dollar' as their currency.

East Caribbean Dollar
Zimbabwe Dollar
Australian Dollar
Bermudan Dollar
Brunei Dollar
Bahamian Dollar
Belize Dollar
Canadian Dollar
Fiji Dollar
Guyana Dollar
Hong Kong Dollar
Jamaican Dollar
Cayman Islands Dollar
Liberian Dollar
New Zealand Dollar
Solomon Islands Dollar
Singapore Dollar
Trinidad&Tobago Dollar
New Taiwan Dollar

The sun *does not* rise and set on your much beknighted shores.

--
"A man walks into a cake shop and says 'Is that a macaroon or a meringue?'
The assistant replies 'No, you're right. It's a macaroon.'"

Old September 19th 03, 09:18 PM
Arvin Chang

I understand that you are trying to promote international awareness.
However, I'm sure people outside the US are quite used to expecting
the default multinational currency '$' unit to be USD over CND, AUS,
etc... even if someone were to miss the fact that the phone number
provided is a US phone number.

Old September 20th 03, 05:23 AM
Jason Watkins

erm...way to get it wrong.

Who made this right/wrong?

So you know it's SLC...local knowledge ? And to my knowledge the
following countries all use 'dollar' as their currency.

I didn't list 'dollar' as a single and unabigious differenciator. In
fact I said '$' symbol. It's been my experience that those using
dollars other than US, tend to use symbols such as '$CAN' or otherwise
specify that they're referring to the less common currency. For
example, people generally understand 'franc' and 'pound' to refer to
French Francs and United Kingdom Pounds, even though these same names
are used for other curriences in Belgium (franc), Switzerland (franc),
Egypt (pound), Lebanon (pound) and elsewhere.

The sun *does not* rise and set on your much beknighted shores.

I'm quite aware of that. In fact, I'm possibly the least isolationist,
nationalist or imperialist American you might meet. I understand the
sentiment behind your's and other's posts, and in general agree with
it. America is the new imperialist, much in the same mannor as the
classic British Empire, and in general this a lot of harm to the world
some people here in the states don't consider. But perhaps you should
take a step back and realize that assuming you know my beliefs and
attitudes based merely on the fact that I'm an American is just as
small minded. And doing it with a "it's hip to be cynical" attitude is
just @#$%ing dumb. Those of us who live here in the States and have
what is currently the minority opinion soon tire of other people
putting their beef on us. We're not all redneck assholes who want to
nuke the world folks.

Back to the original rabbit...

What I specificly said was:

If
1. a person doesn't specify location
2. speaks english
3. uses the $ symbol
It's a good bet they're American.

In other words, based on those clues, it was a reasonable assumption
that the guy was American. I'm very thankful the original responder
maintains a faq, as well as manages the group. But, jumping on some
schmuck who just posted a for sale ad with all that cynical attitude
rubbed me the wrong way, as did your response to my post. I admit my
previous response and this one are just as pointless and abrasive.

This whole exchange is so totally proof that we have to much time and
not enough snow.

Old September 20th 03, 02:23 PM
Mike T

This whole exchange is so totally proof that we have to much time and
not enough snow.

Tempers tend to flare up on this group every fall, now don't they?

-Mike T, who had that dream about laying trenches down Heather Canyon
again last night....

Old September 20th 03, 03:42 PM
Steve Dold

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, Mike T wrote:

-Mike T, who had that dream about laying trenches down Heather Canyon
again last night....

Who is Heather? Does she have a sister?

Old September 20th 03, 04:10 PM
Mike T