E-paper Le Cable du Cable number 4 December 2003

Old December 7th 03, 11:54 AM
Ssimonfr

Default E-paper Le Cable du Cable number 4 December 2003

Hello,

The number 4 of my e-paper is now available in French on the site :

http://site.voila.fr/telepheriques/c...ucable1203.htm

It is only in french but i plan to join an abstract in english. If you are
interested to receive it please tell me here and i 'll translate it.

You can also reply on my email :

Best regards

Serge Simon
Old December 8th 03, 07:56 AM
Ace

On 07 Dec 2003 12:54:25 GMT, (Ssimonfr) wrote:

Hello,

The number 4 of my e-paper is now available in French on the site :

http://site.voila.fr/telepheriques/c...ucable1203.htm

It is only in french but i plan to join an abstract in english. If you are
interested to receive it please tell me here and i 'll translate it.

Quite an interesting newsletter, actually, talking about various new
ski lifts throughout France.

Interesting to note there was a slilght accident when testing the new
Vanoise Express téléphérique at les Arcs, which were put down to
'Human Error' and not any problem with the design or conception.
Funny, that, as I thought it was designed to be completely fail-safe,
self regulating etc....

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 8th 03, 09:30 PM
SkiBumOne

"Ace" wrote in message
On 07 Dec 2003 12:54:25 GMT, (Ssimonfr) wrote:

Hello,

The number 4 of my e-paper is now available in French on the site :

http://site.voila.fr/telepheriques/c...ucable1203.htm

It is only in french but i plan to join an abstract in english. If you

are
interested to receive it please tell me here and i 'll translate it.

Quite an interesting newsletter, actually, talking about various new
ski lifts throughout France.

Interesting to note there was a slilght accident when testing the new
Vanoise Express téléphérique at les Arcs, which were put down to
'Human Error' and not any problem with the design or conception.
Funny, that, as I thought it was designed to be completely fail-safe,
self regulating etc....

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
All opinions expressed are personal and in no way represent those of the

Ski Club.

IIRC, the article I read said something about it operating in "maintenance
mode". Must be a fancy phrase for "manual"...

Old December 9th 03, 08:46 AM
Ace

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 22:30:54 GMT, "SkiBumOne"
wrote:

"Ace" wrote in message
.. .
On 07 Dec 2003 12:54:25 GMT, (Ssimonfr) wrote:

http://site.voila.fr/telepheriques/c...ucable1203.htm

Interesting to note there was a slilght accident when testing the new
Vanoise Express téléphérique at les Arcs, which were put down to
'Human Error' and not any problem with the design or conception.
Funny, that, as I thought it was designed to be completely fail-safe,
self regulating etc....

IIRC, the article I read said something about it operating in "maintenance
mode". Must be a fancy phrase for "manual"...

The linked page, and a further detailed report linked from it, do both
refer to it as being in manual mode, yes. Even so...

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 9th 03, 08:57 AM
SkiBumOne

wrote:

IIRC, the article I read said something about it operating in

"maintenance
mode". Must be a fancy phrase for "manual"...

The linked page, and a further detailed report linked from it, do both
refer to it as being in manual mode, yes. Even so...

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
All opinions expressed are personal and in no way represent those of the

Ski Club.

Yes, it does make one wonder about the operator!!! I do hope it has some
fail-safe device to keep a single operator from switching it into "manual"
by himself...

Old December 9th 03, 09:01 AM
Robert Rees

"SkiBumOne" wrote

Yes, it does make one wonder about the operator!!! I do hope it has some
fail-safe device to keep a single operator from switching it into "manual"
by himself...

They should employ a big dog to bite the man if he touches any of the
controls.

Regards

Rob

Old December 10th 03, 09:39 AM
David Off

Ace wrote in message . ..

Interesting to note there was a slilght accident when testing the new
Vanoise Express téléphérique at les Arc

PG posted some info about this to r.s.r.e at the time and it was
covered by French TV.
Old December 10th 03, 06:06 PM
David Off

Ace wrote in message . ..

Interesting to note there was a slilght accident when testing the new
Vanoise Express téléphérique at les Arcs,

There is also a posting on the SCGB forums about it:

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/sno...lagne+cablecar

you have to register to access their forums though.
Old December 11th 03, 07:38 AM
Ace

On 10 Dec 2003 11:06:00 -0800, (David Off) wrote:

Ace wrote in message . ..

Interesting to note there was a slilght accident when testing the new
Vanoise Express téléphérique at les Arcs,

There is also a posting on the SCGB forums about it:

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/sno...lagne+cablecar

you have to register to access their forums though.

Unless you're already a member...

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)